T-Cut isn't necessary, normal polishes will do. I personally would never t-cut an entire car, I hate the stuff.

Buy something that's less abrasive like Autoglym Super Resin Polish, give it a good going over and keep polishing until the shine comes through.

After that buy yourself some decent wax and work panel by panel waxing and wiping off (or as per bottle instructions) and then do the whole process again so that you build up 2-3 layers. This will enhance the shine and keep it locked in.

Thanks alot guys! :thumbsup:

T-Cut isn't necessary, normal polishes will do. I personally would never t-cut an entire car, I hate the stuff.

Buy something that's less abrasive like Autoglym Super Resin Polish, give it a good going over and keep polishing until the shine comes through.

After that buy yourself some decent wax and work panel by panel waxing and wiping off (or as per bottle instructions) and then do the whole process again so that you build up 2-3 layers. This will enhance the shine and keep it locked in.

What sort of wax am i looking for, is it preferably the autoglym wax?

Rob - Haha, thanks dude, I try hard! :thumbsup:

b4d1sy - My personal preference with wax is only available online, (well not at retail stores at least.)

I personally use Collinite 476S, this is one of the most durable waxes on the market and with 2-3 layers can literally provide constant protection for around 6 months.

If I were you, I'd wash the car, clay it, give it a go over or two with SRP until you see the results you were hoping for and then do 2-3 layers of Collinite. Collinite is a paste wax it's not a liquid, so although it might sound expensive you will use small amounts when doing the entire car so that tin will last you a very long time.

You can get it here:

http://www.detailedobsession.com/catalog/p...;products_id=55

srp is the perfect polish for hand spplication its slight cutting action improves the finish but it also containes small amounts of fillers to leave the best appearance possible.

that reminds me i need to order some stuff off detailedobsession after i get paid before i give the SR some tlc!!

the only wax i would use on my car is valintines bring one hell of a shine and makes my red look really deep,

here is a pic of my starlet didnt use any polish for about 5 months and gave it 1 coat of valintines(meant to give it 2 coats)

lisburnmeetfeb100681.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

Yep Rob is right. Wax wont do much if anything to the paint finish. Its to protect the paint. You need to get a decent finish by restoring/polishing the paint first.

Autoglym super resin polish is an excellent polish that you can use by hand and is available from halfords.

^^^^YEA right :thumbsup:

EGP is good for speed and ease but to keep propper preotection will need to be re-applied on a regular basis but a couple of coats of a hard wearing wax like the collinite that bill recomended will give a longer protection with less maintenance!!!

Alot of info here..Cheers guy will deffo be giving the SRP a go this week...how many times do i keep repeating this guys?

I have responded to your most recent PM mate, sorry for the delay.

I have just posted up an SRP FAQ in the Detailing section, please take a look as it will most likely give you more information. HERE