Hub Bearing Question...

I just bought an early EP82 front hub (arrived today) and the bearing is soooooo loose, not what I need really. My question is: are Starlet hub bearings held tight by the hub-nut being done up on the driveshaft?

Most Toyota hubs I buy seem to have the same bearing setup but with no play, but I wonder if the bearing are only tight still as they are stuck in place - and the Starlet ones that are "loose" just need a big bolt putting through them to re-tighten them?

Cheers!

The inner race does separate quite easily, if the hub is worn then it will come loose,

Damien

Cheers, so do you mean it "should" seperate easily, and the bearings parts are a press fit?

To put it another way, if I got a driveshaft and nut would tightening it up sort them out, or will the bearing be too worn period?

Cheers, so do you mean it "should" seperate easily, and the bearings parts are a press fit?

To put it another way, if I got a driveshaft and nut would tightening it up sort them out, or will the bearing be too worn period?

Mine separated by mind, but bear in mind I have strong arms and hands lol, i'd assume it cant be that worn that a serious amount of play would be evident, best thing is to try it, the bearings are a slight interference fit. Age and wear will affect whether or not it separates easy

Damien