N/a Block Can It Used For Turbo Engine

this has prob been asked before but cant seem to find anything bout it.

can you use a 4efe block to built a 4efte engine?

for example

4efe block

4efte pistons rods, crank ,head, cams, sump and the turbo sensors etc etc

would that be possible?

thanks for any info

joel

According to Wikpedia the bore on the 4EFE's found in EP91's is .3 mm bigger than the 4EFTE/1st gen 4EFE.

It's certainly possible but if you're going to do a rebuild you might aswell use oversized pistons and have the block rebored anyway.

Wether it's exactly identical other than that, I don't know.

wikipedia is shit. IOt was written by a 13year old school boy copying wrong figure from the net

Its always wrong.

Some 4efe have fte stamped cranks, only real difference is the three holes you need to tap into block at oil filter to hold fte sandwich plate although you dont have to. Even the casting for the knock sensor is on the back of the block, there all the bloody samee as far as im concerned. Plus you'll always find a 31,000miles from new granny spec 4efe in breakers yard to build with.

Use NEW toyota pistons

thanks for the info noel . i was thinking of doing the oil filter relocation and cooler setup if the build goes ahead and thinking might aswell do forged rods and pistons while im doing it will take a little long to save up and build but worth it in the long run me thinks?