My 3rd CT9 has given up, seals are going, smoking etc. im getting the picture they dont like 1.2bar.

So rather than get another CT9 and it lasting a few months im thinking of getting a Hybrid, again.

I had a blitz K1 but prior to that id only run low boost on CT9's. After the K1 went I started running CT9's at high boost, and i prefered them to the K1 for the massive low down kick they give.

If I go back to a hybrid will the massive low down kick disappear? The K1 was wank for low down power, what are GT specs like in this area?

Has anyone gone from a high boost CT9 to a Hybrid? If so what were your thoughs?

yea mate,

i have ,

you will find that a hybrid at 1bar will struggle to make your 190 od lbft of torque at 2k.

wheres on a standard tubby you have amazing eye opening torque, and a shite top end.

hybrids like the gt spec replace some of the bottom end with the a decent top end if that makes sense.

if you check the dyno graphs in my section you will see what i mean, power delivery is smooth sort of like a supercharger.

you still get 10psi early on in the game but you will notice some low down tactability has disapeared,

the td12 with smaller ar on the other hand has the best low down charicsteristics of all the tong hybrids.

hope that brain fart helps.

Thanks for you info / opinion Enzo, it seems not many peole go from high boost ct9's to hybrids......

I've checked your graphs on a few occasions and compared to my own CT9 graphs, i can totally see where the difference is but I just cant deceide.....i love the low down torque kick so much.

But the fact a hybrid would be a brand new turbo, meaning no thinking about it smoking in a few months would be a big plus. All swings and roundabouts.

I could really do with sampling a hybrid on another starlet to make a direct comparision i think, shame there are no hybrid starlets round my parts though....

Anyone else got anything to add?