Fiesta St Vs Glanza V

I was crusing home last night and a Fiesta ST started pinning me (sitting on ma ass) so... as u do......

was opening up a gap.... when i got to about 80 90 ma engine light come on :blink: so i shit ma pants and pulled over turned the car on and off and the light went... any ideas what it was??

you on stock ecu with boost restriction removed?

Before i got my access ecu... I used to hit the fuel cut because it was so cold the engine managment light used to come on first then if i kept it pinned it used to actually hit the cut....

TUrn ignition on and off tho and its all good again :blink:

Nothing to worry bout, but is very annoying when your tryin to escape and cant lol

the EM light on mine only came on after i got fuel cut but kept my foot down.

did the car feel bumpy?

the EM light on mine only came on after i got fuel cut but kept my foot down.

did the car feel bumpy?

@ Dean i was oppening up a gap till my me EM light come on lol

@ everyone else i hope your right i think it really is just fuel cut if im honest

thanks for your comments :blink:

sounds definetly like fuel cut. it it happens again and u still have the foot down and u just hit a brick wall then defo fuel cut not a nice feeling. i feel the car should have a fuel cut light tho because when the em light comes on people just think :blink: my cars fucked.

Could've done without the story about the race with the ST really mate. But yeah, fuel cut as previously stated, rarely anything to worry about but I'd make sure you don't hit it too often.

Lol @ the racing part Bill.

But inevitably it would occur when pedal is planted, so therefore it's nice to here the full story. But the bastard in the ST must have thought your car broke down, oh dear, a tale to tell at the pub for him :blink:

can be a sign the stock actuators on its way out aswell mate

can it? Lol

people keep saying fuel cut but it isn't actualy fuel cut it's just a warning that you are to close to over boosting then hitting fuel cut.

The light will come on just before you hit fuel cut, most might not see till after as they overboosted to quickly... But they all should come on just before you overboost. Nothing wrong with it but don't keep going full out when you see it come on.