Bottom Left Manifold Nut! What A B*****d

right... attempted to change standard manifold to uprated one today... my car is currently in bits because i cant get the bottom left manifold nut off !!

there is not enough space to get to the nut using any tool i have. on the guide from ep wiki it says to put the standard tmic pipe back on and push the turbo housing downwards. how? the turbo wont move as its bolted to the manifold.

can anyone enlighten me on this? short detailed guide to that part only please

also will it be that i havent removed oil feed and return as well as the water pipes yet. i havent done these yet simply because i wanted to that last before removing the turbo and manifold as one so that no bits of oil would drip onto the drive.

you also need to loosen the banjo on the oil feed on oil filter bit plus the bracket on cat/ decat and maybe the backet under the car holding down pipe on for it to drop that what i had to do hope this helps

you also need to loosen the banjo on the oil feed on oil filter bit plus the bracket on cat/ decat and maybe the backet under the car holding down pipe on for it to drop that what i had to do hope this helps

remove the whole bracket?

ive just removed the two screws holding cat

Mite be worth removeing the power steering pump and the left hand side, i stuggled on for ages until i removed it and then you can get a spanner on the nut from the oil filter area.

Dale.

yeah i was going to do this but it seems like alot of work if you can simply push the turbo down abit :rolleyes:

Mite be worth removeing the power steering pump and the left hand side, i stuggled on for ages until i removed it and then you can get a spanner on the nut from the oil filter area.

Dale.

either that or take the turbo off first then u can get to the bolt :rolleyes:

^^That's what i did, its abit of a slut to push the turbo down with the oil return pipe connected.....thats the black rubber pipe so the sooner you get that off it will make life much easier.

so will the cold side of the turbo twist round if i remove oil feed, return & water lines.

i tried taking turbo off after f**king around trying to get to that mani/block nut for hours and hours & i just ended up being able to loosen two front nuts on turbo/mani flanges and righthand rear nut was really tight & started rounding it off so gave up on it.

^^That's what i did, its abit of a slut to push the turbo down with the oil return pipe connected.....thats the black rubber pipe so the sooner you get that off it will make life much easier.

what did you use to get that pipe off mate

ive got clip off but pipe seems to be stuck

This was my best mate when i took my mani off :rolleyes: if you take your time mate you will get it off its not that hard... its more common sense then anything if you dont have that then you are fucked :lol:

Elliptical-Bi-Hexagonal-Ring-Spanner-Deep-Offset.jpg

Just to piss you right off here's a pic off my mani off ;) i left the water line's connected and just unbolted the oil line

micscarpics003.jpg

Just take the power steering pump off, it's not hard, and the time it takes you to take it off and put it back on will probably be quicker than trying to fuck around getting the nut off in an awkward space.

• 3 weeks later...

lol, amazing. take out rad, take off cat from turbo, remove oil feed pipe and return (do not push down on thm as it has a bracket atached to the cat from the engine and will not movealso the oil feed to the turbo is on a solid pipe and if forced will fateig and crack) remove bracket from cat to engine thn disconect water feed and return to turbo at the rubber flexi pipes coming off thermostat housing, thn pull turbo out. can be done in 1hr no problems. and luk to remove mani like that is a big achevment well done you know your stuff.

i changed my mates standard mani for a wepr 1 the other day, i was dreading that bolt and when i got to it, it wasnt there haha some1 had left it off! and the back left hand side nut between the mani and turbo. wankers!

yep mate belive it, also the cat or decat exhaust pipe mount bracket is another fav for the numpty factor. as these are hard to get to, but play a big part in stoping exess wieght,,and forces acting upon the manifold and turbo and OIL FEED PIPE, and if not thr it will'nt be long before oil feed crackes and bie bie engine and turbo. always a bonus to check as i have seen loads of 4efte engine with these bolts missing.