Engine Tuning Where To Start ?

hi people just bought my glanza im a first uk owner and car is 100% standard with 51000 miles, im looking to get the car to around the 200hp mark and want someone to explain exactly wot will be need for this i want the power and reliability as this car wil be my everyday car. wot parts brands etc are best to use and where can i buy them i am debating whether torque of devil or afr tuning will get the work n e 1 no much about them

i no the basics i will need air filter exhaust etc but as for how much psi turbos can take and stuff i dont have a clue i basically need a step by step guide on gettin the most out of my car i think i will opt for the blitz nur spec r exhaust system at the moment all i have got for my car is a set of alloys

First step without a doubt is the standard exhaust mani. If you actually saw inside it you would see what i mean. The restriction is unreal especially on the 3rd runner.

My steps would be,

Mani

Exhaust

Decat

Boost guage

HKS actuator (set to 12 psi)

Boost controller

Good shocks and springs

Rear ARB

Then you can do the following easily

Fuel pressure regulator

Get the car set to run 1 bar

Port & polish the turbo

I'd say this would get you to around 180 to 190. Mine was running a bare turbo (no filter at all) to it was pretty punchy but i was still not running at 1 bar. It depends how good condition the engine is too. Injector cleaner can do a good job to restore lost horses but so can a good service.

Also, don't buy cheap crap. The only part i got as a cheap part was the mani. Lasted 8 months and then had a gaping hole in it. do it right the first time

Bourkey