Crap Brakes

The brakes on my EP91 are quite shit, there's a fair bit of travel in the pedal before anything happens, and then when they do start to work it's not very good, and at high speed there's a fair bit of vibration.

Another thing is the tracking/alignment is a bit shit but I'm going to get that done soon.

So what's causing the vibration and pedal travel? I'm guessing the vibration is either warped discs or the fact that the tracking is shit, OR worn bushes.

The pedal travel I'm assuming is because the brakes need bleeding.

The pads are fine, look fairly new actually. The discs on the other hand look pretty shitty.

The brakes on my EP91 are quite shit, there's a fair bit of travel in the pedal before anything happens, and then when they do start to work it's not very good, and at high speed there's a fair bit of vibration.

Another thing is the tracking/alignment is a bit shit but I'm going to get that done soon.

So what's causing the vibration and pedal travel? I'm guessing the vibration is either warped discs or the fact that the tracking is shit, OR worn bushes.

The pedal travel I'm assuming is because the brakes need bleeding.

The pads are fine, look fairly new actually. The discs on the other hand look pretty shitty.

sounds like your rotors (discs) are shagged with vibration or could be other things like wheel bearings or even balancing of wheels or uneven tyre wear and so on but if the rotors look f**ked its probably them.

as for travel of pedal its most likely they need bleeding as you said.

have you checked level of brake fluid?

Think I'll just get some new discs and have the alignment done then, should I see an improvement in braking with new discs or will it just get rid of the vibration?

It's nothing to do with the wheels as I had two new tyres on the front last week. Could possibly be wheel bearings now you mention it.

Drop us a Message or Call and we will sort you out with anything you need at very competitive prices :thumbsup: also we offer fitting services if required.

Does sound like the discs are warped if you have a vibration through the steering.

Look forward to hearing back

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

Haven't noticed the pedal "pulsing" but the braking does get worse yes, at low speed there is very little vibration, but at high speed it's quite bad.

The pedal travel is bad too, gives you little confidence even in slow moving traffic if you get a bit close to the car infront.

I'm hoping changing the discs and bleeding/changing the brake fluid will sort it out, but I have barely any money at the moment. The car is driveable but it's just shit having to allow such a long braking distance.

Haven't noticed the pedal "pulsing" but the braking does get worse yes, at low speed there is very little vibration, but at high speed it's quite bad.

The pedal travel is bad too, gives you little confidence even in slow moving traffic if you get a bit close to the car infront.

I'm hoping changing the discs and bleeding/changing the brake fluid will sort it out, but I have barely any money at the moment. The car is driveable but it's just shit having to allow such a long braking distance.

I'm betting you have sticking sliders on the calipers as well.......check them out when you fit the new discs / pads! :thumbsup: