Apexi is the best at filtering, doesn't need much maintenance.

i got weapon R, i reckon its best sounding induction kit on the market, very unrestricted and vortex system in the pipes helps

most air filters are good, it just heat soak that kills the power, need to make custom box or enclosure to stop heat sock. heat reflective tape would help.

all i know is mine a Dry, Mesh type filter of a Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec SE (i have a Focus) the kit clamed to give me a extra 10BHP with no cold air and 20BHP with cold air that would give me 110BHP to 120BHP in the Foucs at 6000rpm I wonder what i as done for the Starlet

All i know is the kit came with a polish induction pipe which when changing gear or when put the foot down it whistle and i do know i have no turbo :rolleyes: and it ain't a faint whistle it lound enough one

^ yet to think nearly every imported turbo vehicle that comes in the the UK has a HKS filter like that (aka car wash sponge) stuck on the inlet. Has anyone seen the prices for them! :rolleyes:

Dunno, some technical scientific machine that measures filtration properties.

Im not dissing the thing, just this day and age something a bit more substancial is required for me to make a fair judgement on how good something is.

Saying that im not going to stop using 10 quid air filters off ebay that I buy for the colours lol.