what can be done to hybridise a ct9-b

ok i have two options here,

I've found a company that sells hybridised ct9-as with a ct20 compressor wheel but as the exhuast ports ont he a's are more restritive ive been told that a ported ct9-b would be better

ive never atualy heard of a ct9-b being hybrised?

does anyone know hwat options are available to do with this ??

ok so for £585 they will basicaly cahnge your compressor wheel for a garrot one and do abit of porting if required,,

meaning i can run up from 18 to max 20 psi,

they do exactly the same for the ct9-a so...

if you change the compressore wheel does it affect turbo lag at all???

i dont think this reprisents great value so im probably gona port my current ct9,

as they they are not efficient, & get a filter off the turbo

i realy dont want to change my turbo as i love it how there is no lag at all,

get the head ported and polished and spend the rimainder on a barel cooler

then again, what you said about the smaller series garrot turbos Adrian sounds interesting, might look into that :D

but first off i need to learn about compressor maps,

lol no i dont mean fual mapping lol, and im not goin that crude route, i have everything planned out,

every turbo has a compressor map so you can choose the right one for the right job,

i need to find out which turbo with the right compressor map to suite my needs

i remember adrian goin on about either a gt15 or gt20 garrrot turbo.

i'm pretty sure the wastegate being the weak link of the ct9 wont allow you to run 20psi, thats why loads of people suffer from boost creep etc.

would be severely unstable etc, hence why people are having so much trouble with the wepr hybrids.

for the price of that hybrid, you could get a full td04 setup!

The WEPR hybrid pulls alot harder than a tdo4.

The last rr day i was at,my car pulled all the way to 7200rpm,unlike a tdo4,the power dropped off before 7200rpm.

Enzo,what are these maps you are on about??

Why dont you get the T3 internalls in the ct9b,It would give a good hike in power and the lag would be minimal,due to the AR of the ct9 housing.

Speak to killamatts from TGTT.com,he had one for sale a wee while ago.

Rory

I worked out a Garrett GT20 would be pretty ideally suited to the 4EFTE -- But going by what Paul said mapping the GT last month with the TD04, it sounds impressive!

The compressor maps for turbos tell you how efficient a the compressor of a given turbo will be at certain RPM's & boost levels...

The one for the GT15 is:

GT1548_466755_3_comp_e.gif

I've got loads of bits of paper lying around with calculations on for the 4E but it took a lot of assumptions -- which could maybe be improved on.

[edit]

Garrett says the GT1548 only serves up to 200bhp -- but reckon the turbine wheel would give almost no lag whatsoever

[edit]

You can get most of the Garrett ones out of the online garrett catalogue.

I had bookmarked a site with loads of compressore wheel and turbine wheel sizes and AR's for the various TD04 turbos aswell. I'l need to look it out -- might be on my bro's comp.