Piggyback ECUs

Ok been advised to order some sort of ECU to go with all the parts i have comming or my engine will just eat itself to death and i don't want that!

Max BHP i'm after is 240 so what would be an acceptable computer? It's getting someone that can fit the thing and map it for my car and its parts.

• 1 year later...
all depends on your budget and mod list really mate.

piggy backs are fine, but if i had 700 id easily opt for the apexi ecu. hardcore ecu, with every sensor you would need, specially the cruicial knock sensor :) ;)

sorry to hijack the thread but i need to know:

what happens if you dont have the knock sensor?

i'm planning on buying a emanage blue with Ignition harness, Injector harness, Boost pressure sensor, Pressure sensor harness, Support tool. will this be enough?

you do have a knock sensor, they are stock units on the car, and seeing as youre piggying, the stock system will still be in place.

and you wont need the boost sensor unless you want to run more than 1 bar.

thanks pal,

just one more question, would you buy a emanage blue? lol :)

what about the das tek uni-chips

i enquired about one at a local tuner and he said it would be around £450-£500 for installing it and a full roalling road map

any experience in these?

• 3 months later...
all depends on your budget and mod list really mate.

piggy backs are fine, but if i had 700 id easily opt for the apexi ecu. hardcore ecu, with every sensor you would need, specially the cruicial knock sensor :wub::lol:

Ironnically the apexi ignores the knock sensor in terms of retarding the igntion when it registers knock. All it does is makes the management light flash when it's bad knock. Or gives you a readout on the hand controller.

The standard ECU/piggyback, will retard the timing via the standard knock sensor.