Turbo Deristriction 1st And 2nd

ok some of u may have seen my post about my juddering problems they where solved by a set of magnecor leads but now i have another problem i deristricted the boost and now the car hits fule cut its boost just past 0.8 and then light comes on when i change pipes back it goes to jus below 0.8 now from what i have red boost creep is a common problem how can i solve this what options do i have i no a relocated air filter gives the same problems but my car is standard i feel bit lost and thought modifying this cars would be fairly simple i phoned tmd today and they said something about porting the wastegate to help resolve this so i need sum help why does the boost creep can i stop this ??? what options do i have??

modding these cars is simple after the inital fuel cut stage lol but if your can is completely standard im unsure. the cold weather is said to have made some people with standard cars hit fuel cut tho.

as said a standalone or piggyback ecu is good if u wish to continue modifying stuffor ya can go for a fuel cut defender or port the wastergate.

Fitting an FCD alone to get rid of fuel is a bad idea and very bad advice too. :p

To avoid boost creep you either want to restrict the air flow or port the wastegate, you could try an uprated actuator and decent boost controller but this may not solve the problem.

An emange blue with no other mods is a little over kill, it would work but when more mods were added later the map may need tweaked to get the best out of the new setup so can be expensive.

You could just get an fcd and fuel regulator for now but you'd still need the fuelling checked/ the regulator set up on a rolling road so it is sometimes better just to go straight for the likes of an emanage/safc etc or a plug and play premapped ecu like the JAM or Blitz.

Fitting an FCD alone to get rid of fuel is a bad idea and very bad advice too. :p

To avoid boost creep you either want to restrict the air flow or port the wastegate, you could try an uprated actuator and decent boost controller but this may not solve the problem.

An emange blue with no other mods is a little over kill, it would work but when more mods were added later the map may need tweaked to get the best out of the new setup so can be expensive.

You could just get an fcd and fuel regulator for now but you'd still need the fuelling checked/ the regulator set up on a rolling road so it is sometimes better just to go straight for the likes of an emanage/safc etc or a plug and play premapped ecu like the JAM or Blitz.

x2, get a fcd?? wtf, are you serious? you want him to blow up his engine?

think most people when they say fcd they mean with getting set up properly with rrfpr too. like when people say up the boost. they dont mean literally to just whack the boost up.

Somebody that isn't familiar with tuning won't read it like that though.So best to just make it clear. :p

WOT ABOUT E MANAGE BLU EVEN THOUGH C R IS COMPLETELY STANDARD CAN THE CAR BE REMAPED LIKE THIS WOT IS PORT THE WASTE GATE WILL THAT COST A LOT ? 

Porting the waste gate is simple, if you know how to remove the turbo that is. I done mine myself and cost me at the most £5 and that was buying the grinding stones from halfords.

Im not sure where but there is a tutorial or thread on how to do this if i find it ill post the link for you

Best of luck with it tho

thanks guys still bit lost really gonna go to tmd i wanna get 180 bhp reliably if i buy e manage and have no other mod what bhp can i get will it increase performance and can e manage set the boost sorry for noob question im prop lost as where to start with modin the car

thanks guys still bit lost really gonna go to tmd i wanna get 180 bhp reliably if i buy e manage and have no other mod what bhp can i get will it increase performance and can e manage set the boost sorry for noob question im prop lost as where to start with modin the car

Im not entirely sure what power gains to expect just from the emanage, but it will stop the fuel cut. But the boost creep (where the boost slightly increases through the rev range) will still occur.

I found this on another thread for what you need to acheive 200 bhp reliably hopefully this will give you some sort of guidance what you will require for your goal

this is from Toby at toy tuning and i found it really helpful:

This is what we recommend for a good 200hp setup with brakes and chassis to match

â?¢ Hybrid CT9

â?¢ Free Flow Mild Steel Manifold

â?¢ Decat

â?¢ Cat Back system 2.5inch The car is now expelling gases more efficiently.

â?¢ Relocated Air Filter to front bumper

â?¢ Heat Reflective tape for Inlet Track

â?¢ Raise the Rear of the Bonnet with washers

â?¢ Front Mounted Intercooler (wrap throttle body side pipes with heat reflective material)

â?¢ Uprated Thermostat

â?¢ Rad Cap

Car is now breathing more efficiently

â?¢ Consider better radiator and breather/header tank if planning on track days Car is now cooling more efficiently

â?¢ New Spark Plugs (consider colder grades)

â?¢ New HT leads

â?¢ Inspect Dizzy/Rotor Ignition system now works

â?¢ Uprated Fuel Pump

â?¢ Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit

â?¢ Engine Management/Piggy Back/Fuel Controller (depends how far you want to go)

â?¢ Rolling Road Session Car now fuelling adequately

â?¢ Uprated clutch with flywheel is poss

â?¢ Quickshift Kit

â?¢ LSD if poss Car can now handle power and you can shift quicker

This should net you around 180bhp - 200bhp on 18 psi max. This then leaves the brakes and chassis which will need to be sorted to cope with the power. I would recommend at a min:

â?¢ Uprated Front Disks

â?¢ Uprated Pads

â?¢ New OEM Rear Pads

â?¢ Braided Brake Lines

â?¢ Cusco BMCS

â?¢ Dot 5.1 Toyota Fluid (bleed dry and refill) You can now stop!

â?¢ Coilovers / Fixed height shocks with springs

â?¢ Front and Rear Strut Braces

â?¢ Panhard Rod

â?¢ Lower Arm Bar

â?¢ Anitlift kit

â?¢ Check and replace worn bushes

â?¢ Good tires Power to ground greatly improved.

Thatâ??s a basic list of what we recommend, obviously there are many more parts that will net you a good handling car that can stop with power to match but that should give you a good idea on where to take her pending needs. This doesn't take into account basic servicing which is a must, make the most out of what you have no point adding mods until the car is up to scratch

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

right i have completely solved boost creep over the last 6-7months every slight modification added to boost creep i have just fitted a manifold today and ta daa the boost creep is no more im running a healthy 0.6 boost waitng for my jam ecu and then im saving for hybrid

• 2 months later...