I'm a little bored (well its easter sunday and there's nothing on tv!) so I decided to work out what MPG i've been getting with the Glanza over the last few weeks because I know its been doing well!

I have a 15 mile mixed trip to work and back each day. I live in a rural village but work in a city so the drive in (and back) is a real mix of 30/40/50 and country back roads with corners to sweep round etc.

If my calculations are correct (and they are as i've just asked the wife to check them whilst typing this) i've got an average of 40.41mpg over the last month!

Thats mad!

I will admit I dont thrash the car - I let it warm up and cool down properly and keep on top of servicing etc and I tend to take it steady in town with no heavy accelleration etc but still 40mpg is diesel economy ffs!

Just so astounded I thought id share!

if your cars fairly standard then it will have good mpg figures

my gt when it was standard was really good on fuel then i raised boost slammed a load of mods on it and BOOM 20 quid a nyt in the tank most nights haha

Not really

Its at stock(ish) boost 0.8 bar

Apexi Intake

Decat

Manifold

TRD full system

HDI Cooler

Blitz EBC

Coilovers

EBC Brake kit inc lines

Got a Sard RRFPR and HKS FCD to go on then its getting properly set up by either Autosaurus or YVS

I was still rather impressed with the little starbug!

all I have to say is WTF?

You are lucky to acheive that with them mods :o

£20 gives me 140km on average, some rare occasions I can get upto 150-160km in town.

Thats about right to be honest if driven right

It all depends on driving style. ive got a glanza running 1.2 bar on a td04 and i average 39.75 on my previous tank full and yet to work out this tank full but 338miles on odometer so hopefully will break the 40mpg mark :o thats a mix of town driving round roth town, coutry driving and a few motorway miles aswell

the last time my starlet was out i let a mate take it to modified nationals, he drove steady as it wernt his car and he cudnt believe how good it was on fuel so he worked out the mpg and it was running 44.6mpg! i carnt wait to get back to that after tuesday seen as my impreza is currently running 12mpg and fuel is 1.25 a litre! ouch!

i fill mine every monday morning. with v-power and the most ive had is 530km's from a full tank, and its normally about 420-460km's thats driving reasonably normall with the occasional hammer back home, its glanza on 0.85boost with a few toys.... :o

I don't think the economy figures are that out of the ordinary - when I first got my 4E-FTE the car was FAR more economical than with the FHE; I'd get easily 400-425mi to a tank (45l, slightly larger than Starlet), and that was with a heavier (but more aerodynamic) car, 1bar standard 4E-FTE with no bonnet scoop etc. So, yeah, perhaps running a bit lean :o

For comparison, I struggled to get more than 250mi to a tank in my old 5E-FE Paseo, and was literally running on fumes at 300-330mi to a tank with the FHE

how many miles do you get out of a tank then mate for that calculation?

i get fuck all out of mine, 45 quid atm gets me 220-230 miles

I worked it out on £20 worth which gave me approx 17L of fuel.

I got 160 miles from light to light