Chatter Chatter Chatter

ifthRight I've just fitted an HKS Filter and i'm running my Greddy Type-s with the spring tightened up to it's max! So i get the chatter i want,

But this is going to sound abit wierd probably,

The chatter on my car sounds like this... Which i think is shit!

But i want it sounding like this! Higher and slower if you get me...

How do i get it sounding like the Glanza please haha thats if there is anyway specific way in which i can

HAHA the black 1 is mine when i 1st got it totally standard just blocked off the vacuum to the dump valve and left the dump valve on so i guess some air is escaping through the Dump valve.

It sounds like the bottom 1 now TD04 with no Dump valve.

HAHA the black 1 is mine when i 1st got it totally standard just blocked off the vacuum to the dump valve and left the dump valve on so i guess some air is escaping through the Dump valve.

It sounds like the bottom 1 now TD04 with no Dump valve.

that first one sounds cool as feck, does that damage the turbo?

Shorter intake makes the chatter louder and higher pitched, its a bit gaaaaay chatter when the filtrer is in the stock location.

I ran mine with no filter or mesh (just moving the car) and that was the best!!! Not very safe though lol

ahh dont this will lead to a massive debate on does comp stall damage a turbo :p

to answer your question gtr mate... i think the glanza has a hybrid turbo, mine sounded identical to that and i ran the tong hybrid, also depends on the boost as to how intense and the type of 'chatter' will be created and how open a filter you have. a front mount filter along with a fmic will really open up the sound created by the turbo and so the sound created by comp stall will be different

personally i don't think it will do any damage, such a small amount of boost from the ct9 will never kill its self. i ran mine with no bov for a long time and no sign of damage what so ever... but on my mr2 i have the ct20b, that has a ceramic comp blade so compressor stall will DEFINATLY kill my turbo. but steel bladed turbines i personally dont think it does much if anything. (but thats all IMO lol)

Sorry for the late reply's internet be down!

I don't mind the way my own sounds but would prefer it to be like the glanza may look at getting a Front mount, I need a Relocation kit soon aswel as got the HKS filter in the standard location :o

Also didn't think it would be so sensitive i don't even have to be on Boost at it chatters it gets a tad anoying never been pulled since i've had it took it out last night was not even on boost went past a copper lifted of and it chattered he turned around and pulled me saying i must have been giving it some :D

So may return it to just the Type-s, To be honest i do love my Greddy BOV :thumbsup:

Cheers for the replys though everyone :o

for 1 hks filters are shite! peroid! get a nice apexi 2. that sounds like a diesel in that vid and sounds like some is poooooing put a bov back on hks ssqv or so get lovley chatter and ppsssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh or greddy type S for complete chatter