Help Needed Please

its bin idlein about 1800rpm since i got the car last monday.

now its started revin up and down from 1800rpm down to 1200 rpm on idle only does it when I've had it runin for a while.

anyone had this problem before

what could it be?

thanks tat.

if not mine did this when i knocked the boost pipe going to the boost gauge and it came undone and was leaking a bit of boost. have you got a boost gauge installed? if not check all boost pipes in the engine bay havnt come off

if not mine did this when i knocked the boost pipe going to the boost gauge and it came undone and was leaking a bit of boost. have you got a boost gauge installed? if not check all boost pipes in the engine bay havnt come off

havent got a boost gauge mate. yep will check them 1st.

ICV- replace this or clean it and this will stop exact same happend to me, new ICV 100 of toyota the robbing fucks!

im goin to sound really stupid but whats ivc? idle controll valve im guessin??

thanks lads

im goin to sound really stupid but whats ivc? idle controll valve im guessin??

thanks lads

yes correct idle conrtol valve the grey plastic bodge on the side of your inlet mainfold, trust me take it off,clean it with carb cleaner then try if still has the same issue buy a new one jobs a sweet un

the gray plastic cylinder on the off side of the manifold is a vac reservoir valve if you look it only goes to vac operated stuff. 100% the ICV is on the underside of the throttle body there would be no reason why a ICV would be on the opposite side of the TB.

thats not the ICV!!! its to do with the vac reservoir which goes round the back of the manifold why do you think the idle screw is on you throttle body?? that thing holds vacuum in the needed vac lines so you have a constant vacuum supply like to the brake servo you control the idle at the throttle body.

if its just a vacuum thing then why does the car completely die when its not connected? not sayin your wrong just want to know :harhar:

I've just unplugged mine it it make no difference what so ever to th idle My bro inlaw has compleatly taken it off and binned it and it made no difference to the idle what does make a difference is if you adjust the idle screw and if you put your fingers over the holes inside the throttle body, i dont care what people are saying it is on tgtt there wrong to. It is 100% not the ICV, will even get a vid of My car running and disconnect it and plug it back it if you want if you unscrew it off the throttle body and put your hand over the hole get someone to start ya car it will idle as normal try it, please try it just to prove me wrong!!!!

yep fella we just disconnented the inlet pipe off the throttle body and pluged up the only 2 holes that bypassed the throttle plate and the engine stalled and did not idle, and i am glad to say that niether of these holes went any wer near your gray (VAC) valve, so to concloud this experiment the idle control is under the throttle body.

if its just a vacuum thing then why does the car completely die when its not connected? not sayin your wrong just want to know :harhar:

the only way i can see this happening is if your throttle body is shited up and 1 of the vac lines r leaking air, because this valve does operate on idle because thats wen you get vac, but its job is to create vac for vac aplications. i have a corrola and i took the valve off completely and it made no difference to the idle i will put a pic up of the plate i put over the vac valve.