Does This Look Like A Case Of Boost Creep?

yea its a standard ct9, was quite suprised by the result to be honest, only got a mani, down pipe, air filter, blitz bov and front mount on and at the time it was done it didnt even have a full exhaust system on it! it did start geting worse gradualy, been off the road for over a year so dont know how bad it is now, should be back on the road soon though and see what its doing. but you guys reckon actuator then yea?

it may be worth changing to a hks actuator, but its also quite normal for a turbo to die off a little bit at the top end too so i wouldnt worry too much.

it may be worth changing to a hks actuator, but its also quite normal for a turbo to die off a little bit at the top end too so i wouldnt worry too much.

yea i know turbos do die off abit but at the start of the graph youl see the spikes, the car almost miss fires when it does this, but it only does it when you slowly build up revs in a gear it 'coughs' a few times then takes off.

looking at the boost graph your boosting at .9 bar to start, which is your cough and fart (fuel cut) then because its a standard actuator which are shit, the boost is dieing off going back under fuel cut level and then power seems to rise as boost drops off which is strange!

looking at the boost graph your boosting at .9 bar to start, which is your cough and fart (fuel cut) then because its a standard actuator which are shit, the boost is dieing off going back under fuel cut level and then power seems to rise as boost drops off which is strange!

its a wierd one like! what you reckon then, port the wastegate and uprate actuator?

well if your boosting to .9 bar on stock ecu with no fcd or fueling mods I'd try to find out why its over boosting maybe a split pipe, I think around .62ish bar (9psi) is stock boost on high .42ish bar (6psi) on low if you still have the restiction plumbed in. You can take it up to .83 bar without hitting fuel cut but you have to consider boost creap too, so I would set it at 10psi Max untill you have suporting mods.

may have found the problem, the vac pipe that goes from the actuator to the turbo had touched my manifold and had a slight burn hole in it so put a new vac pipe on and cable tied it well out the way, so will have to wait and see what its like when i get it back on the road.

that well could be it keep us updated if it sorted the problem.

will do matey, would love to take it out for a quick spin but live in the centre of town and with no tax, mot or insurance its just not worth it!lol, still waitng on a rear caliper then it can go for its mot and be back on the road!