How Far Can U Push 4efte Engine Bhp Wise On Standerd Internals

depends really, lots of factors. the safest way would be a bigger turbo on lower boost.

ie, a hybrid at 1.2bar @200bhp will cause a lot more strain on the engine pressure wise and also heat wise than a td04 at 0.5 bar @200bhp

so it depends on engine condition, quality of the tune, boost pressure and turbo ect

il list the things I've bought so far

ARP Crank bolts £57

Weisco 75mm pistons with SCAT rods £660

ACL bearing set £90

Athena head gasket 1.2 £110

engine block re-bore £99

Head skim £23

waterpump £15

various gaskets and oil seals about £100-£135

and there are still things that are needed yet aswell...

u did get fleeced if u did actually pay over 230 quid for a skim lol. there a place here that does it for 30. i dunno because I've not added up parts but im sure if you done it yourself you could maybe end up slightly better off than buying an engine as a whole but i could be wrong.

yeah £23 lol, skim can range from different people, i was quoted £120 from a different company and laughed at them

its upto you wot you wanna do really, its more expensive getting it from TMD i recon, and not only that, its more fun and for filling doing it yourself.

Yeah, AFR charged me £280..mind you, they also cleaned the head and replaced the valve stem seals, but it was a preposterous price. Then I had my block done for just £50 by someone literally down the road from me :lol:

Buying parts yourself and outsourcing machining will always be cheaper (as long as unlike me, you don't get taken advantage of) if you do it yourself, if you want none of the hassle of sourcing out your own parts/machinery, then get the trader engines

Jamaican's etc have seen 350+ HP on standard internals!!!

Its all down to the condition of the engine, the tune, the fuel, the use of the car etc.

Personally I think 230hp is about as much as I would want to take a standard GT (thicker rods) FTE to.

• 2 weeks later...