How can i tighten the alternator belt/pulley what ever. It keeps squeeking and drops the rpm really low when it squeeks sometimes stalling the car. Where can i tighten it from etc?

Not had a look yet, will do in the morning.

theres a bolt at the top of the alternator, you'll see it when you look over it. Undoo that but not all the way only untill the alternator can move about. then go under the car and you'll see another bolt going through the alternator. undoo that that. Then get someone to push the alternator towards the bulkhead either with a breaker bar or something long and strong. then tighten up the top bolt up and then tighten up the bottom bolt.

should be the same with the GT

theres a bolt at the top of the alternator, you'll see it when you look over it. Undoo that but not all the way only untill the alternator can move about. then go under the car and you'll see another bolt going through the alternator. undoo that that. Then get someone to push the alternator towards the bulkhead either with a breaker bar or something long and strong. then tighten up the top bolt up and then tighten up the bottom bolt.

should be the same with the GT

Cheers mate, just as a thought :)

Squeaky car huh Raz :) haven't seen you about for ages! Car still keeping clean?

haven't seen you either. at random times the belt squeeks and drops the RPM very annoying because you have to stop the squeeky sound before you drive otherwise you get a constant squeek which isn't good. The car is pretty clean apart from the wheels too much breakdust. lol

I haven't seen you much, i've been driving towards... your part of town more. :)

I know what you mean about that squeaky sound, both my friends starlet GT did that lol, it annoys them lol. Well I have been away for nearly 3weeks in Hong Kong :) so thats probably why you havent seen me around. But I will try organise a mini meet sometime as I have a few requests from people to start a meet. U are around my town more because of college :)

Yeah i went back to Hong Kong for a good holiday, havent been back for 3 years. And it was brilliant, food, nightlife, wish i didnt have to come back hehe :) i only saw 2 glanza's out there and about 2 GTs lol. Nearly forgot how to drive when i came back lol, but the glanza felt like a go kart when i drove it, was bloody fun! :)

My brothers car......... it's always parked on the driveway, only gets moved like twice a week as he never goes out lol. Not many places to do meets, i used to organise one at Ladymead Guildford, we did have a starlet meet in Reading too, i think it was on the same night as Jap meet, can't remember.

be careful with the belt squealing, mine was doing the same and then one night it just snapped when i was driving which caused the engine to overheat and blow the headgasket not good lol

be careful with the belt squealing, mine was doing the same and then one night it just snapped when i was driving which caused the engine to overheat and blow the headgasket not good lol

Not good.

What sort of slipping were you getting?

Continuous, start up?

Not good.

What sort of slipping were you getting?

Continuous, start up?

Mines has also started randumly sqeeking, never on start up usually when stop at traffic lights, is it time for a new belt or will tightening solve this annoy little problem?

mine started as just randomly i.e i'd have alot of electrics running lights, heaters, radio and when i'd come to lights the revs would drop and it'd squeal when i went to pull off. but then it started pretty much everytime on startup just never got round to tightening it my own fault really.

It is the exact same with my car. I often end up turning the stereo and fans off and sometimes the headlights too when stopped at the lights. I was going to do it yesterday but was pissing down the whole day. Looks the same today aswell.

yeah this is what i had to do then just one day was driving its started squealing then the battery light came on i pulled over asap got it towed home but when i fitted new belt and went to start it up checked the coolant levels first and noticed the rad was empty and also dipstick was covered in milky oil. thought i'd caught it in time by pulling over asap when the belt went but obviously not lol

It is the exact same with my car. I often end up turning the stereo and fans off and sometimes the headlights too when stopped at the lights. I was going to do it yesterday but was pissing down the whole day. Looks the same today aswell.

yupp. having the same problem. especially when it rains. weird though, because my belts seem to be plenty tight. ill probably just end up tightening them a bit more to see if it helps. the squeeling really takes the bad ass from your car pronto.