1 Bar On Ct9 About 2-300 Miles A Week

Hello people!

I'm basically wanting a slight increase in power but don't want to be paying allot as one day i will get an ECU. Meanwhile i was thinking of getting a FCD and up the boost to 1 bar and obviously i am going to have to up the fuel aswell.

However i don't want the turbo to blow as i will be using the car everyday.

Also i don't want to be paying through the roof :)

i know i can get a HKS FCD for about £50

how much is a respectable uprated fuel pump or will standard one we able to fuel 1 bar? (yeeha job) lol :)

personally i would just wait and do it right first time with a ecu and supporting mods... rushing in and taking the shoddy approach will only lead to bad things and cost you more in the long run.

get all the supporting mods then think about upping the boost. also for reference i ran an uprated MR2 fuel pump in my glanza and that did more then enough :)

personally i would just wait and do it right first time with a ecu and supporting mods... rushing in and taking the shoddy approach will only lead to bad things and cost you more in the long run.

get all the supporting mods then think about upping the boost. also for reference i ran an uprated MR2 fuel pump in my glanza and that did more then enough :)

^^^ agreed. do it cheap do it twice. i want to run a bar but not till i get all stage one mods and I've also got the mines ecu too to power it. id wait matey cause although the FCD and RRFPR is an option its considered the "crude" way of doing it. deffo wait and save up for management IMO.

Regarding the fuel pump MR" and supra fuel pumps fit straight in but id reccomend Tuning developments answer to the uprated fuel bumps. just like the walbro ones but quieter (no whining) and also cheaper at £60

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/

I don't know if its mass-hysteria that condemns running 1bar without supporting modifications to cataclysmic failure of the turbo/engine or actual occurences, but I ran my car:

- at 1Bar

- with a JAM FCC

- with a TMIC

- without a bonnet scoop

- without any other supporting modifications

- on a stock manifold

For more than a year without any issues (and considering this was when I first got the 4E-FTE, I wasn't particularly docile with the car...and all this in the midst of a particularly warm summer in 2007), only upgrading more via desire than necessity. That being said, it's obvious not to condone the above and it is recommended you do it right from the outset to save potential annoyances like cracked wastegates/manifolds/coconuts or lean spikes when using an FCD etc