Bin Reading A Few Topics On Here About How To Install Oil Pressure Gauges....

Yeah mate you will need the sandwich plate but if you have PAS which in you glanza you will have i believe there not a straight fit.

Yeah, this is true, you have to grind some of you're PAS pump away and you MAY need a to relocate you're oil filter.

There you go mate found this for you :harhar:

its the top left thats the problem you will most likely need an angle grinder but dont just cut straight in to it you will need to carefully shave the power steering bracket a little at a time, if you taake too much off it will just snap!

yesm8002-1.jpg

Image040.jpg

Image035.jpg

Image033.jpg

pics arent brilliant mate but sort of gives you an indication, i carnt actually get a pic of where ive ground the bracket because its such a snug fit, you will soon see when you come to fitting it its the top left! if i can remember i had to take about 3-4 mm off the bracket so it would fit!

depends on what manifold your using to go down the route that steve gt suggests i have the zisco short ct9 and the speed vision hybrid and i can bearly get it all with the factory oil temp sensor ther i prefer the sandwich plate personally but thats what modding is about personal taste wither way is right. or if you feeling really brave one of the blanking plates nest to the factory oil sender unit could be drilled and tapped and have it going right in to the block. now i would take my preverbial hat off to who ever does that lol

sandwich plates are for gays

you need this \/\/\/\/\/

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IMPREZA-WRX-STI-LEGA...=item5ad8e52634

that plugs straight into your OEM pressure sensor. that link above is for a subaru but pretty sure it fits

This is the one from demon tweeks I posted on another thread:

CIMG9696.jpg

It's a much easier fit however you may still need to remove your downpipe and maybe turbo to be able to fit it and if you're wanting an oil temp gauge too you'll need somewhere else to put it.

Wallace is that for oil pressure mate?

Yup

sod that guys im no garage ill stick with the sandwish plate bit more simple lol

Well grinding away a bit of the power steering pump is just as annoying if not more than just removing the downpipe.

If room is a problem with the T peice above this is the other option

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MR2-STARLET-SUPRA-TU...=item1c1235937c

You would be a very silly person if you drilled your block just to fit this sensor when you have so many other options with less risk, say you drilled in the wrong place or if any of the little bits of metal got to the bearings or blocked up the oil way you could imagine the damage

Wallace is that for oil pressure mate?

Well grinding away a bit of the power steering pump is just as annoying if not more than just removing the downpipe.

totally agree with you there. if aything the sandwich plate is harder. with the oil pressure sender gadget all you have to do is take your downpipe off. take the oem pressure sensor out then screw the aftermarket one straight into where the oem one came out of. simples :thumbsup:

good idea. if usure take it to a professional

but seriously dude i do reccomend the oil pressure adaptor piece especially if someone qualified is doing it

its much safer to use the t-piece than grinding away at the power steering rack.i wouldnt want that done on mine grinding it away will make it much more delicate plus theres a chance it will snap

in my opinion id buy a t-piece then get someone to fit it for you :thumbsup:

I have been looking at Sandwich plates and the brass inserts also. Im still uncertain what one to go for???

I have the room for the sandwich plate as i have no Power steering :lol: But the oil temp can come off the standard oil housing so the sandwich plate will only be used for oil pressure, i think this may look a bit strange.

At the same time i saw someone mention about the brass t piece being a bit dodgy as if the thing snaps a bit may fall into the block, decisions................ :thumbsup:

it may snap but only if you live on seriously bumpy roads with harsh coilovers and you buy a cheap one. buy a good one for an impreza etc and i doubt it will snap :thumbsup:

hi lads im doing this soon 2 fitting an oil pressue & oil temp gauge. if i buy the oil presure thing thats all ill need to get it working?? & for the temp gauge i can fit that so it comes off the standard oil housing ? what is need for that a temp sensor?