Whats A Safe Boost Pressure To Go Up To On A Standerd 4efte?

completely standard? ide say bi pass the solenoid which will give u bout 0.8 bar, and ide leave it at that max

would say thats about right. guessing you have no fuelling mods or anything??? just the boost controller?

Bi-pass the solenoid will put a smile on your face mate, when i did it to mine it was like a new car. There is a guide to doing it on here somewhere, think maybe in the turbo tech section.

I bought adjustable actuator aswell and that was a good buy holds boost alot better than standard ones as the majority are getting worn and lose there springyness! Just fit and then play around winding in and out until you get it right (starting low to high obviously). Be careful when setting as the turbo pressure will be higher in higher gears. Best to test in 4th/5th gear on dual carriageway at low revs and put your foot down if the turbo boosts too much you will get fuel cut. If you get this then actuator will need to be wound counterclockwise (I think :-S) lowering boost. Do this until you are not getting fuel cut and bobs your uncle.

Hope this helps

i read that guide, and cheers for the info mate, thats all im looking for :lol: somewhere to start the mods lol i have so many questions cuz i am pritty much clueless! but when it gets to them il ask :lol: cheers again people

i read that guide, and cheers for the info mate, thats all im looking for B) somewhere to start the mods lol i have so many questions cuz i am pritty much clueless! but when it gets to them il ask B) cheers again people

no worries pal... Ive not had mine long to be honest and i was in same situation as you when i started. I have a half decent knowledge on cars but same as everyone i dont know or claim to know everything. If im struggling i always ask on here you wont get laughed at or mocked for asking questions.

Hope the modding goes well and keep posting if you have anymore questions!

If i was you id go outside and do the solenoid bypass now mate it literally takes 10 seconds :-)

I was reading this thread so thought i'd give the bypass thing a go and WOW what a difference it makes! its like driving a new car - will probably drink a hell of a lot more fuel though :)