Wages/savings/hours You Work What Do You Spend Yours On

On £7 odd an hour, work about 18 hours a week and make £700 a month after tax. I'm at uni and get £200 a month bursary which I give to my mum for digs. Try to save as much as I can and don't splurge that much and have had money saved for my forged rebuild for about 7 months now. Tend to spend silly money on clothes though, bought 3 things that totalled £200 last week :)

thanks for all the replys :)

its intrestin knowin what people earn/spend/save and how many hours they work.

i work 7-5ish most days on 5.83hour then 8.70 over time.

i usualy waste my money but goin to have to try start savein!! :(

I work 7 days a week from 5pm - 10 sometimes i do overtime till 12/1am

i get £250 if i don't do overtime (cash in hand) give most of it to my mum and save what i can.

i have no job but get some money from college which i usually spend on booze or clothes or cds etc.

but put all my birthday/christmas money etc. away for my first starbo for after i pass my test :(

need a job tho if i want a starbo!! :)

I'm a kept man (house husband) the wife works 5 days a week for 39weeks of the year thats 13weeks paid holiday per year and shes on £120 a day after deductions and were still skint lol but everyone lives to there means.

i work, 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off. on my weeks on, i average 8 hours a day, and hget to see some of the world.

my salary just now is 2843.95 this is paid into my account every month, thats after deductions(i dont pay tax, only NI and Student loan payments)

just now im finishing of my mums mortgage, as my dad aint working at the moment, well hes just started again, but i'll leave it a few months for them to get back on there feet, i also put 1700 in a seperate account each month, and this will soon be enough to get a 50% deposit on a house, as fuck payin interest when i can live with my mum.

the rest is mine, and i dont half waste it, on my 6weeks onboard, i dont have to pay for nothin, so what i earn is in the bank for me to waste when i get home.

Only just started a new job, work 3pm-9pm in a call centre, £6.50hr, apparently 6 shifts is just over £200 a week.

£300 will be going on rent a month, then phone bill is £45 and the rest or majority will go on finishing the GT :)

Just missed out on getting my old job back, would of been taking home £360 a week :( hopefully a position come up again soon.

Im from n.i and im pretty sure what you do:)

doesn't take a genius, end of the day it's a job and I get paid plenty for it. Don't see what all the fuss is!

• 2 months later...