hi lads ive had my glanza v ep91 for a while now and its burning oil and its smoking bad i think its piston trouble but not sure

and dont now if its worth changing the pistons or get a new engine could any 1 help.

thanks.

describe your problem a bit more mate and im sure people will be able to help. i had a knackered piston and piston ring and there was loads of oil coming out the rocker breaker ( was gonna post a pic bnut photobucket is not my friend :harhar: )

burning oil and smoking tho soulds more valve related i think tho but im not the clued up. i just know burning oil and smoking are usualy valve stem related.

and whether you need a new engine or not is really a matter of if you have time to rebuild or fix the bits that may be broken.

Russell

i took the plugs out today and they were oiled up and the itercoler pipes had some oil inside them i cant think ov anything else to describe it sori

ive only had the car a mounth and dont now much about engines.if it is the vave seal and rings anyone help on cost ov parts and the best place to get them

for parts have a look at all the traders on here. my bottom end cost me bout 200 for rings and bearings for big end main and thrust washers.

get a compression test and that should make anythin cylinderwise clear.