i think i got caught speeding today ..

it was by a mobile camera, i think i was doing like 50 in the 30, sounds bad, but it was on a road that turns into a 60 so ...

just want to know ..

what distance do the mobile speed cameras work at?

do speeding tickets come in a blank envelope, if so im not telling my parents haha

are there any additional consequences for doing alot over the speed limit?

im only 17 and this is my first affence .. what do you think will happen?

soo annoyedd, just want to hit things hahaha

the cameras go a lot further than poeple think. normally takes 4-6 weeks to come through but can be earl;ier. if you dont hear anything in 6 weeks you might have got lucky

I aint going to give you a lecture about speeding cause we all do do it at some time but hope this was a wake up call. police are everywhere nowadays in person or by camera but you'll deffo get points for that and as your 17 your insurance will shoot up now if you declare the points which i hope you will.

Plus if you get 3 more points now until youve been driving 2 years you will get banned so id really slow down from now on mate

i thought i got caught by 1 of them when i first started driving but it was on a 2 lane road and i was overtaking so i think its safe to say i got away with it as it was like a year n half ago

but its not big and its not clever!!!!

Mate its 3 points and i think a £60 fine

About a month and a bit ago i got pulled for being on the phone while driving, i got a £60 fine and 3 points on my license, and only got my license in July 2009, so by July 2011 ill be able to play with 12 points, but for now if i get another 3 points my license is 'bye bye' :)

its not cool, its not fun, but shit happens

ill PM you the rest as this is public forum...

Anup

depends on the situation. if it was just coming out of a town changing from 30 to 60 and you were already doin 50 they might hammer ya but if it was a fairly straight bit they might have been enforcing the 60. depends on the mood of the officers also. i know if i come out of a town and see it changin to 60 i usually speed up before hand

the cameras go a lot further than poeple think. normally takes 4-6 weeks to come through but can be earl;ier. if you dont hear anything in 6 weeks you might have got lucky

I aint going to give you a lecture about speeding cause we all do do it at some time but hope this was a wake up call. police are everywhere nowadays in person or by camera but you'll deffo get points for that and as your 17 your insurance will shoot up now if you declare the points which i hope you will.

Plus if you get 3 more points now until youve been driving 2 years you will get banned so id really slow down from now on mate

I shall correct you here sir, if the letter doesn't come with-in 2 weeks then your clear..

When the royal mail strikes were on, when the police sent out the letters to people who got caught speeding and if they didn't turn up with-in 2 weeks to the person they get let off.. May sound silly but tis' true.

Shall find the source soon :)

thats news to me i heared cameras should be up to 6 weeks. things like section 59's HAS to be delivered within 2 weeks if the officers have no forms on them but i was under the impression speed cameras was 6 weeks lol find the source luke i must read this :)

thats news to me i heared cameras should be up to 6 weeks. things like section 59's HAS to be delivered within 2 weeks if the officers have no forms on them but i was under the impression speed cameras was 6 weeks lol find the source luke i must read this B)

Your wish is my command :)

Click

fuk me!! what a coincidence there was mobile one that might have caught me today.

There was one infront of me about 200 metres away i was doing about 35-36 in a 30 about 30 metres away the road turns into a 40 zone.

My mate in his Fiesta didn't see and carried on going upto about 45-50 (so he says)

fuk fuk fuk

It was on farnborough road

for some people :)

I got caught a month ago by the mobile van i was doing 39 in a 30 :) i was offered the speed awareness course which costed me £60 and no points were added :) i know i was lucky B)

I got caught a month ago by the mobile van i was doing 39 in a 30 :) i was offered the speed awareness course which costed me £60 and no points were added :) i know i was lucky B)

Wtf!

I got caught doing 48 or something in a 40 and didn't get offered the course B)

i got done a few years back on a dual carrige way! they changed a part of it to a 30 zone for 400 yards and i . seen the cop at the side of the road and i kept it at 45mph then he stopped me and showed me the reading and i said "and?" he says "its a 30 here" :) wasnt a happy bunny. there are ways to get around the fines nd points. a retired traffic cop wrote a book on it with very clever letters you can send to the fiscal and get off with them

will they gimme shit for doing 35/6 in a 30?

also because i was only crawling 30 most of the way to it and past it, i did not see any camera on it or around, do they see through a hole cut in the back doors?

will they gimme shit for doing 35/6 in a 30?

also because i was only crawling 30 most of the way to it and past it, i did not see any camera on it or around, do they see through a hole cut in the back doors?

yeah man thats an fpn, 3 points, 60 quid. depends, theres different types, i got caught by the tinted back window pointing up the road