Yes...take it to an autoelectrician! B):D

Haha only messin dude, but thats wot i did, they know wot the're doin and doesnt take them too long.

Scutch0 is the man your lookin for for this job dude, he fitted his own (he's crazy that way), no doubt he'll be along soon to tell you his secrets!

Phil.

Hey Woody :D

I got mine done at an ex toyota garage I go to for more engine related stuff and it took the auto electrician two hours to complete the job and got charged £50.

So look to be paying aroung £40-£50 for a good job.

Plz let us know how u get on Woody, and if u need any help for places that sell good tachos then check this site out >>> Xyberautos

Peace Out

Joz

@phil thats quite cheap, less than i expected

cheers joz mate, i already got a tacho my mate bought it for his car then didnt want it so he sold it to me cheap :D i love having stupid mates

i thinks its the same one as yours its got the same shift light ect. its made by RaceX

thanks ian, if you could get them it would be great

i have to wait a while anyway because i messed my electrics up when i tried to fit a start button :D so i need to get that sorted first

was it hard to do or was it quite simple because i found it hard doing the start button and managed to mess up my car so if its hard i wont try it myself

thanks ian, if you could get them it would be great

i have to wait a while anyway because i messed my electrics up when i tried to fit a start button B) so i need to get that sorted first

was it hard to do or was it quite simple because i found it hard doing the start button and managed to mess up my car so if its hard i wont try it myself

ummmm its pretty easy, however i fitted my start button easy aswell

to be honest i feel pretty confident working with car leccys i bin putting radios into i repeat into cars since i was 14 :D lol

so if you aint happy/confident working on them i would take it to a garage

any compident mechanic could fit one :D

its quite easy mate, i did mine myself.

the only wire i stuggled with was the one that reads the revs from the ignition coil. but you can tap into it via the diognostics box in the top right of your engine bay. just plug it in the one that says ig-.

hope this helps.

it depends on the tacho.

if you have the instructions it should be straight forward. if its an autoguage one i can sort you out the instructions.

the rest of the wires are straight forward, + battery, earth ect.

apart from the ig - one. which goes in the diagnostics box.

• 1 year later...

Hi, is it possible to change the dash board of older starlet sportif to a white style with the tachometer like some of the newer models, , my concern is there might not be the right connections to do this in the older model (like mine) :) , its just i only have a petrol / speed / temperature black display.