basically it was arranged for me to buy this gt yesturday,up in portknockie,and i live in northampton. i used to live in montrose so didnt mind the drive back as ive done it few times.

the bad points mentioned:

-drivers window doesnt wind up

-oil catch can wasnt piped up right so theres oil on the front of it.

-roof faded abit

what was actually wrong with it:

-piston ring was gone,smokin like a bastard out the rocker cover

-oil seals gone in the turbo,as there was oil all over the bonnet next to the dump valve,all behind the headlight was thick with oil,and it was coming out the join to the tmic

-roof totally faded and alot of the bonnet too.

-window winder was snapped clean off,(poverty spec gt)

-door light never goes off so battery lasts 2 days

-interior door handle ect trim not screwed to the door,just flops about.

and wasnt guna take less than £1650

i clearly said i was doin a 12hour trip

-£110 train there

-£50 to swap car on the insurance too and from it

-£95 for a room as everywhere was booked,and that WAS discounted from £135

-days wage,..had to take today off which my boss went nuts about.

then my mate said he knows a guy sellin his car,so we tried my luck and i went too see it...but thats a different thread 'my new car'

if it wasnt for buying this other id of had to pay another £110 for the train back aswell.

totally pissed off someone could do that to someone else

my advise STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR ! ! !

here is a link,its the gt pictured,with 60k miles,the roughest 60k a gt has ever seen no doubt.

link changed

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71269

Aaron

gutting mate i did the same travelled 8 hours to look at a car he said was in good condition with only minor parking dents and when i got there it was green with mould and the minor parking dint turned out to be a caved in wing lol wankers arnt they

i had that glanza in my avator when i joined here 6 years ago.

ive had a gt here quad gt advance,ive only lived here just over a year,maybe little longer

it truelly sucks but i didnt come home empty handed :-D

lets see the clio, i was looking at gettin one of them for the summer.

shitter on the starlet tho. and your link dont show any car, its just a link to your thread on tgtt

thats shit dude :) what does that guy frazer have to say about it as his the one who recommended it?

faser has pm'd me sayin he didnt knowit was like that,i dont blame him as he hadnt seen it for awhile,and its been said it used to be a real minter.

itll be saturday before i can take pics as its got no tax and my laptop charger is broke so usin a crappy mini one.

i think scot-ish you will sell the gt after buying one,out the box there just fantastic cars.

that is the right link,it was recomended to me,look down the paye.

aye, a think a might.

think wen a get home, the starlet will get a wheel refurb, a new MOT, and a forsale sign.

sounds like you got a bargain, and i love that yellow, ive looked at a 197 in that colour, looks the business like.

its not the same liquid yellow,only the 182;s come in that one unfortunatly. but least theres only 14 in this colour :)

i dont think youll be disapointed in a 172 or 182 or 197 tbh

the 197, i wouldnt buy for power, str8 line, there poor, ive had a blast with one, and it wasnt very good, but on the back roads, i couldnt get my starlet anywhere near it, and i'd like to think i can drive them. but for the comforts, if its got all the options that is, there a nice car to drive, and they look pretty cool aswell. ah, i know the colour you mean, sunflower, same nearly as the pulsar in your sig. carbon will look cool on that colour.

back roads its fantastic,more so in scotland as the roads dont compare to near northampton,that ive been on. was so nice up there think ill move back.

yeh but brighter than the pulsar one,carbon does look awesome on it,and its got gun metal grey 'monza' wheels,lowered on springs.

id still say the straight line of mine is really good,revs nicely till the shift light and just pulls.

i do love it.