which turbo?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

soon im hoping to change the turbo on the starlet, now im looking for roughly 220bhp@wheels or 250bhps@wheels. i understand that the CT9 Hybrid would be a good choice as its better lower rev range but can handle about 220bhp, with that i would need injectors and an rrfpr. with the td04 i no its good choice alot of starlet owners use this but its abit to common for me. were as with the T25 i could run more than 220bhp@wheels but means i would need, thicker head gasket, rrfpr and injectors up to a point then forged pistons would come into it. all comments welcome :D what you recommend and y?

ok bro as i said earlier 220 bhp is about the maximum a front wheel chassis can handle with a decent dif to not upset the handling balance,

you already have one so your jamin there,

i voted for the hybrid route becuase of the driveablility factore no lag issue plus it should be just about feasable to squeeze 220 bhp out of one

alwasy bein in the sweet spot, a hybrid will be ideal for you projected target,

if your wanting all out power get it forged and go for a tdo5 or something

have you ever heard of a barel cooler before???

4efe.jpg

this is a must have mod if your after ultimate responce, its a water cooler and since it keeps the inlet tract to minimum it will cut another elminet of lagout of your equation,

its on my wish list the now, plus it will keep tempratures constant no matter how hard you rag it

hope that was of some use bro :D

I also voted Hybrid but i'm a bit biast cause i just sent my turbo away to get it Hybrid lol.

Personally all i'm looking is 200BHP, 220 would be nice too but my car feels fast at around 140 bhp so i'm guessing another 60-80 on top of that and i'll be extremly pleased and forever fighting to get traction on them rainy days lol!

220bhp on stock internals would be pushing it, especially if you're not running full standalone. there are a few people running 220bhp on stock internals and sometimes more, but its all in the tune, these are almost all running power fc's etc which have been optimally tuned for the application.

A hybrid will struggle to get that much power, a td04 will do easily but as above, management will be your main issue.

piggy back + a quality hybrid ct9 + rrfpr + fmic + fuel pump + injectors + actuator

would be ideal for your target. im aiming at 200, merely for reliability and the fact i dont want to splash out on forged internals quite yet due to wanting a respray :D

my hybrid will be capable of 1.3bar and 220hp.

if your after a hybrid check out my hybrid post in forsale section B)

Why stop at 220 when you can have 250?

The pistons wont take more damage of 30 hp extra. But DONT race at high speeds with standard pistons if you have over 160 hp. They cant hold to it. A WaterCooler is a stabile cooler, but it cant cooler so much as a front inter cooler.

200 HP is pressing the egde of 4e-fte pistons already. So 220 or 250? you need something done, other pistons or undercooling of the pistons...

Why stop at 220 when you can have 250?

The pistons wont take more damage of 30 hp extra. But DONT race at high speeds with standard pistons if you have over 160 hp. They cant hold to it. A WaterCooler is a stabile cooler, but it cant cooler so much as a front inter cooler.

200 HP is pressing the egde of 4e-fte pistons already. So 220 or 250? you need something done, other pistons or undercooling of the pistons...

200hp isnt exactly pushing standard internals, your not exactly going to be driving everyday on full boost are you?

theres people running hks roller bearing turbos on standard internals, now thats what you call pushing it. full boost daily driver, what a waste of fuel i think

At the end of the day it all boils down to cash,personally i would go hybrid if i was changing my turbo as it requires the least work and expense for achieving the 200 or so bhp reliably.to be honest 200bhp is more than plenty for a lot of people in such a small car.

• 2 weeks later...

money situation has changed and was looking at k-series turbos but £1300 ... wen i can get something cheaper which will do just as good or even a better job. i think the CT9 Hybrid was a good idea and im still considoring but due to having much more money to play with will look at something diff. will keep updated :)

na hes from up here Ragger dude,

A WaterCooler is a stabile cooler, but it cant cooler so much as a front inter cooler.

blatant rubbish, you get different sizes of barrel coolers.

nah mate as enzo said am up here lol

going to order my RRFPR first and get my FMIC arranged, think im goin to get petbeemers one as Forced as selling fmic's based on blitz ones for £500 .. when petes are £350 and will do the same job no doubt.