Glanza V compared to Punto GT

Hi all,

Well I had a Punto GT ages ago and loved it although it kept falling apart on me! :D

Just wondering if anybody has driven a Punto GT and can tell me how does a Glanza compare to this.

I read a thread on here that somebody test drove Glanza and didnt feel it was that quick.

When I test Punto for the first time, the power delivery was amazing, quite alot of torque, pinned my head to back of the seat a little.

Just trying to get a feel for how a Glanza would feel as standard.

Z

tbh i think a gt turbo punto would just about have a glanza if not it would be even to say the least,

problem bein is the low boost solenoint that the glanza has in first and second gear limiting boost,

its easy to rectify this by removing it then im sure the glanza mite have the legs,

regardless though they are quite evenly matched cars i think

as standard, the punto prob has the edge (providing it doesn't explode or anything), but with slight mods the glanza will be leagues ahead, because mod for mod you'll get more power and be able to take it alot farther on stock internals than the punto.

they can be extremely quick, and weight comparison is quite close to a glanza.

both have shite turbos standard, but the glanza haas a stronger engine.

plus japanese reliability unless you tune to silly power. ie: anything over 200hp and its going to start going downhill in my opinion.

both nippy cars, never raced one, and would like to see how these both are head to head on a strip or track.

Yeah, when I owned a Punto GT, I couldn't remember them to be that slow.

Well if 1st and 2nd gear has a low boost limiter, what does the boost button do then?

I thought it increased the boost in every gear?

Sorry, newbie question and I didnt bother doing a search..lol

And by removing the restriction like Enzo suggested, does that have any side effects?

no side efects at all, regardles of the hi boost mode its still restricted to low boost in the first two gears,

removing it will give you the full tenpsi transforming how the car interacts

OI! I'll have u know i owned a multipla for many years! Alright im not sayin they're very pretty things (they look like hippos for heavens sake), and it did have a seizure or two, but other than that it was a damn good car, i used to hammer chavs in it with its 1.9jtd engine, and 3front seats! It was fookin great, had more space inside her than a drunk slutty chick from continental europe!

Phil.

raced a punto gt last night, wasnt impressed by its performance at all, :(

which one was that? there's a few going about, most are unbadged actually which is quite cool for that 'sleeper' look, unfortunately its not easy to get that effect with a glanza as people will always wonder what the fuck it is :lol:

Yea they are horrid but good on you Phil mate....RESPECT for driving one and DOUBLE RESPECT for blowing chavs in it :pB):(

Hope you wern't blowing chavs in it!! :lol: Blowing them away with it would be more respectful!! :lol::( I take it you bumped your head the day you thought" i really like them multipla's,must go buy one today" :o Well done for having one though!

:lol::lol: I was actually lyin in hospital when my dad bought it, i'd told him NO NO NO it looks daft but he bought it anyway, and other than the fact that it is pretty weird lookin, it was a pretty sweet car, nippy big fecker for wot she was, the turbo MUNCHED the chavy wee Ka's etc etc in came across in it! :(

Phil.