BOV - What to consider before fitting one?

Hi all

I think a BOV would probably be my first mod as I always like that whoosh whoosh noise! :D

Just wondering is there anything I need to change before I fit one?

It's just that I had a Baileys Dump Valve on my last turbo car and it really screwed up the idling. But to be fair, the dump valve itself actually failed, the little spring in the middle of the diaphram broke which left the dump valve constantly opened which probably screwed up the air flow meter and caused the erratic idling.

I just dont want this to happen to my Glanza.

Any info would be great!

wastegate flutter?

you mean turbo stall :D

all these people with turbos who claim they flutter makes me laugh, because its the air reversing through the turbo causing it to momentarily stall. and make a chattering noise.

any way lol

baileys are fine, bit quiet for my liking though. they sell baileys kits on ebay.

i personally love the sound of my blitz supersound bov, and i also like the quick dump noise that the hks bov's make. they both sound immense in my opinion.

i wouldnt personally buy a cheap copy that you might see on websites / auctionsites due to poor quality parts used.

go for either a SARD, HKS or BLITZ in my opinion bro. youll love it.

if you'd like ill try and get some videos of my blitz , gaz's baileys and dans hks?

HHHmmmmm baileys = pooh to be honest

wastegate flutter rocks but so does greddy Type S B)

Get a type S and stiffen the spring so it only opens on high boost so it just chatters when takin it easy then wen on full boost it ptttssscccchhhhh's...... thats wat id do neway :D

wastegate flutter?

you mean turbo stall :D

all these people with turbos who claim they flutter makes me laugh, because its the air reversing through the turbo causing it to momentarily stall. and make a chattering noise.

any way lol

baileys are fine, bit quiet for my liking though. they sell baileys kits on ebay.

i personally love the sound of my blitz supersound bov, and i also like the quick dump noise that the hks bov's make. they both sound immense in my opinion.

i wouldnt personally buy a cheap copy that you might see on websites / auctionsites due to poor quality parts used.

go for either a SARD, HKS or BLITZ in my opinion bro. youll love it.

if you'd like ill try and get some videos of my blitz , gaz's baileys and dans hks?

Yes please mate, would be nice to compare the sounds.

But would a BOV cause idling problems?

What's wastegate flutter?

most of the most powerful GT's use baileys by the way.

most peoplw consider baileys as the rs turbo baileys.. (the shit one) there is another which i use.. which isnt. its just not adjustable

remember that^^^

i love my bov sound.

mine and glanza_raggers blitz sound practillay the same somtimes, baileys is cheaper but the blitz is blitz!

sard or blitz id say.. sard aint the best sounding in my opinion

actually no.. greddy type s is what you want.

---- "What's wastegate flutter? "

an evo magazine :D

nah its basically a myth. the proper term would be turbo stall or turbo chatter - something like that.

its what glanza ragger said.

Nope.My car has the HKS SSQV which is nice,poor idle could be a vacuum leak,cracked manifold,which is my prob at the mo.Diaphram dump valves will leak as any oil in the intake will eat the rubber in the diaphram.piston dump valve is what you need.

Nope.My car has the HKS SSQV which is nice,poor idle could be a vacuum leak,cracked manifold,which is my prob at the mo.Diaphram dump valves will leak as any oil in the intake will eat the rubber in the diaphram.piston dump valve is what you need.

Im thinking of either buying HKS, Sard, GReddy or Blitz - are they all considered piston BOV's?