after ive been out on a long drive and i stop for lights or roundabout etc. the engine judders like mad when pulling off, would i need to change my engine mount bushes or is this a bit more serious? its only after a really long drive, an hours driving at least, i find its cured with a bit more gas, but shud it be juddering violently in the 1st place? any help will do people :D

edit: maybe violently was a strong word but quite badly will do :D

I have the same problem with my glanza when i was pulling off in 1st gear it juddered but if i slipped the cluch abit or give it big licks in 1st gear it was ok.I've just changed my cluch and now for some reasion its not juddering no more :) so you might have the same problem

after ive been out on a long drive and i stop for lights or roundabout etc. the engine judders like mad when pulling off, would i need to change my engine mount bushes or is this a bit more serious? its only after a really long drive, an hours driving at least, i find its cured with a bit more gas, but shud it be juddering violently in the 1st place? any help will do people :)

edit: maybe violently was a strong word but quite badly will do :)

What youve described sounds exactly like clutch judder. Like you said when the clutch gets warm i.e after youve been driving it, it will judder on pulling away (feels horrible)

Clutch juddder is normally caused by either, Mis-aligned clutch, Clutch wear (friction plate, broken 'finger' springs etc), Condensation on the flywheel (which normally happens on colder nights) and also contamination i.e leaking from the seal.

In most cases your probably find its just the clutch that is worn. But when replacing the clutch, make sure you check the condition of the flywheel as it could have high spots where its warped slightly from getting hot and stopping the clutch from engaging properly?

Hope this helps :)

mine judders pulling away aswell. i believe its the clutch on the way out as above. very annoying because it stops me been able to hammer it from a stand still.

Ive heard of a few people have had there starlet suffering from clutch judder, but its simple to change a clutch on one of these. If your mechanically minded that is.