its safe to rattle can but never looks 100% in my opinion

rattle cans are underestimated i my opinion, anyone can achive the colour wheels thay want with any paint to the highest of standards, as long as it is not watercolour paint being poured on by a cack handed 2 year old :)

if you are cautious with a rattle can you can achive a showroom gloss, just use a good nozzle, and a high quality laquer. if you think it is going to look like crap when you attempt it, you will not put any effort in and then it will look worse than crap!!!!

if you are worried about reacting use a few coats of primer white is best for light colours, the only primer i will buy sounds rediculous, auto quest body spray from poundland, the nozzle is great and all primers are the same its just a different logo

have faith :)

As Idrees said, there's plenty of guides on google, also remember to shake the can ALOT and I've been told heating the spray can up helps too but obviously not too hot. :)

I've seen both good and bad attempts at rattle-can jobs, don't assume it will always turn out crap just because it's cheap and easy compared to powdercoating.

ave never had a set of wheels powercoated before i always just rattle can them and cum up minted. just try paint them on a warm day aswel as it helps alot!!