Fitting A Glanza Front Strut Brace

Jim has given me his spare strut brace for my SR however the fuel filter is in the way. can someone please tell me what needs to be done in order to move the filter so that the brace can be fitter once painted

Thanks.

Just unbolt the filter from the brackets, and get someone to push it either behind or in front of the strut brace as you try to fit it. The strut brace can be a little awkward if it hasn't been fitted before, you have to put it on the thread a tiny bit equally, and give it taps from a hammer each side 'til it pops on!

Hope that helps! :)

• 2 months later...

To update this thread. A fuelfilter bolted to the fuel line unsupported isnt a good idea. Petrol causes fires. If fitting a standard glanza or gt to a n/a simple hammer a dent into the rear of the strutbrace were it meets the top of the fuel filter.

This dent wont affect your handling

Then it vibrates on the strut brace and wears away. I always find that when giving advice online, make it a idiot proof as possible. Emma SR maynot be an idiot but the next person to read this may be a complete idiot :p

There are also 2 types of fuelfilter and one sits alittle higher than the other. You also shouldnt put much stress on your fuel line.