The Cheep And Effective Way To Relocate Your Air Filter

Hello guys i have had an idear that i have been wanting to try for some time now but just havent got round to giveing it ago.So today me and jeppo had some spare time so we thought we would relocate his air filter to the front bumper, whilst useing original bits from the EFI pipe.

The only thing that we didnt use that had nothing to do with the EFI pipe was the 90degree pipe that come's off the turbo.. we used the 90degree pipe that come's off the stock TMIC (inlet side)... that i had spare in my garage.

Now here's the best bit.. not many people like the sound of a "dump valve" some people think its chavy also it can get quite annoying at times i.e long journeys.So this is where my idear comes in..its prity simple when you think of it but i have never seen anyone do it befor.

Basically we chopped the recirt off the the stock EFI pipe so then we could keep the stock recirt which would save money on buying a aftermarket one whilst also Recirculating air back into the compressor housing (Turbine) giveing you faster response and less lag though gear changes "BOUNS"

Anyway heres some pics it was abit of a mess on to get everything to fit but its been well worth the effort...It sounds unreal also there seems to be less lag between gears!!

post-3854-1277845856_thumb.jpg

post-3854-1277845921_thumb.jpg

post-3854-1277845960_thumb.jpg

post-3854-1277846030_thumb.jpg

post-3854-1277846103_thumb.jpg

post-3854-1277846166_thumb.jpg

post-3854-1277846242_thumb.jpg

post-3854-1277846321_thumb.jpg

post-3854-1277846482_thumb.jpg

post-3854-1277846548_thumb.jpg

post-3854-1277846599_thumb.jpg

I also tryed a mad way to recirt my HKS SSQV on my old glanza lol

post-3854-1277848019_thumb.jpg

micscarpics020.jpg

What does a recirc sound like on a front mounted air filter?

Can you hear it dumping into the intake pipe through the filter?

Like on the stock set up if you replace the airbox with an open filter you hear the stock recirc dump?

@ Dave...Yeah mate.. it just sounds the same as it would with an open air filter on a stock EFI pipe but with it been that bit more closer to the air filter/Turbine you do get a better response...Well i think so anyway lol give it ago mate what have you got to lose.. abit of EFI pipe lol

ok dude, ill stick with chatter I think, seems to be the quietest thing apart from stock airbox set up.

If it did make it silent id buy an aftermarket recirc valve and sort it properly. Hate making noise on gear changes, wish there was a solution to have a silent front mounted filter set up.

must add the results seem prity good seems alot more responsive and rips up alot more im happy hav also been looking into making a alloy pipe for the bov so it looks abit better but we will see