Hi, ive got another starlet, i didnt think it would take long, from selling my black gt i got an em2 civic from work as a trade in, but after a few short months of owership i didnt like it as much i do starlets so the hunt for another starlet began, just so happens my mate who has a white glanza wanted to sell his, ive had alot of histroy with this glanza, a few months ago spending many hours in the freezing cold fitting a fresh engine from japland, so i knew it was ok.

so after a few texts sorting out the price it was mine :D

Spec:

low mileage engine

Fmic

Old skool hks bov

Apexi exhaust

Apexi air filter

uprated clutch unknown make

Tein coilovers

redstuff pad + grooved discs

greddy turbo timer

catch can

silicone rad hoses

gutted cat

TRD ht leads

leather recaro seats

HKS actuator

1 bar of boost

Dyno reading of 180+bhp

SDC11524.jpg

SDC11527.jpg

SDC11535.jpg

SDC11538.jpg

SDC11533.jpg

This bit is a work in progress, im cleaning and repainting the rear end as its a mess and i hate messy thing lol

SDC11544.jpg

SDC11550.jpg

Heres some for you honda fans, this is the car i brought to replace the gt

SDC11559.jpg

SDC11556.jpg

SDC11558.jpg

Some monkey managed to crash into me when it was parked at work, so got to wait for the insurance company to sort out the bumper and exhaust before i can sell it, so its looking abit sorry for its self, but other than that its a lovey car just not for me, i cant keep away from starlet at the mo :p P.S Vtec is SOOOO over rated lol

• 9 months later...

well over due update.

the car is off the road as it have been since november :D i fitted a td04 kit to it, but was fed up with sitting on the side of the road because of other peoples previous modifications, so why its being stripped and rebuilt

Im collecting parts for the 5e that i got before crimbo, and trying to rebuild everything lol

SDC12474.jpg

Undersealed one side so far

SDC12476.jpg

SDC12475.jpg

Rear

SDC12493.jpg

SDC12494.jpg

A very messy inside lol, excuse the mitsubishi wheels the enkies are on my run about colt

SDC12491.jpg

A very tried looking tein, im re-doing them too, just ordered new locking rings from sumo power as the rears are seized soild ;) £9 each so not bad.

SDC12496.jpg

Some of the parts ive got, today got a very nice tom steering wheel and the gizzmo ebc, thanks Sanchez

also got a set of speedvision cams :D not to sure on how to check if they're the modified ones? made by crower if that helps???

Got a set of advan a048 tyres, cleaned and paint calipers with red stuff pads, Forged 5e rods with arp bolts, carbon bonnet scoop and mounting brackets for the civic rad thats on the car already

SDC12647.jpg

one of the rusty tein from before, the colour match is near as prefect, just doesnt look as good in pictures

SDC12650.jpg

Bits still to buy.

Dta standalone

Front brake discs

Bushes

Pistons

engine bearings

headgasket

arp head and main bolts

Clutch/flywheel setup

Thanks Jack

Looking good so far mate, underseal looks good and tidy compared to some ive seen

Nice steering wheel too is that the toms one? If so I was after that too, good buy.

Any other future plans?

thanks for your comments,

Jbird- the future plans are just to get it running lol, yeah its the toms one look very cool

Liam D- i think there normal import size, or do you mean the reg is similar?

saving for the dta, then got to take the car to a mates so he can make up a new loom, and get it running on the 4e so its all ready to put 5e in when its built.

Might be getting some defi from a mate, oil temp, oil pressure, water temp and boost for and the link controller £250, does that sound about right?

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, the rear axle is off and im trying to fit the tm devlopment bushes to it :p and poly bushing the front which is also a pain in the arse.

Got 3 more gauges from cj performances group buy coming, cusco panard rod, and a 98 spec front bumper with optional splitter, rear optional splitter and a zep c pillar bar from a friend when i can get time to pick them all up.

Also on more of a random note, ive noticed that my seat belts in my colt are made by takata lol

Jack

• 1 month later...

Little update.

Its nearly done (thank god), its all been polybushed, even the rear axle :(

The 98 bumper is painted, the rear lip is on, the yoko semi slicks are on, everything under the bonnet is mounted and running, going to a mates next weekend for the dta to be fitted and mapped then mot time at work and then finaly drive it :)

Got a little present from tein today

DSC01256.jpg

I can now get the coilovers back together.

Just a random pic of the bumper when being painted.

DSC01248.jpg

will get some better pics when it back on the floor.

Jack

This is what it looks like at the mo, not far from being finished, really need to get it rolling for the ecu fitting at the weekend, but with the problems im having with the hubs i dont think its going to happen.

DSC01267.jpg

Heres a crappy pic of the front, showing off my new looking teins and blue brakes :p

DSC01270.jpg

thanks Jack

P.S Vtec is SOOOO over rated lol

:p the VTEC in those civics are pish its a D17 engine in those, D-Series vtecs are only SOHC engines. Wait till you sit in a B or K series VTEC then you will see what all the fuss is about!

Love your car as well, what lip/bumper is that?

Kris888

:p the VTEC in those civics are pish its a D17 engine in those, D-Series vtecs are only SOHC engines. Wait till you sit in a B or K series VTEC then you will see what all the fuss is about!

Love your car as well, what lip/bumper is that?

Kris888

Yeah it was a d17 might aswell as not had vtec, but my mate had a jdm crx with a b16, and all that happened when vtec kicked in is the exhaust nosie went mental lol but maybe it wasnt running right.

As daniel said, its a 98 spec bumper with the oem optional lip.

Jack