Hi all,

Whilst sitting in traffic, my revs will suddenly dip slightly and then pick itself up again. If in really heavy traffic the revs would dip even lower causing an irritating vibrations.

Just wondering if what I am experiencing is normal?

Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Any help appreciated!

Z

Not sure if it's the same thing but my car does is too sometimes when sitting still/barely moving in traffic although is only subtle.

Tends to be when the engine is still fairly cold (although sometimes is where I get lazy and the clutch isnt down enough :blink:)

Hopefully someone can diagnose exactly what it is for you.

Don't think it's anything to worry about though.

• 6 months later...

I had the same problem. cleaned the rotor inside the distributor and voila problem gone. Sorry dont have any pics but the rotor had lots of corrosion on it. before that i had done a diagnostics - no codes which led me to check all physical aspects.

I also de-cat the exhaust but no noticable change at all, if at all i felt like the car lost some power.

• 5 months later...

nah, i think the blacktops are disributorless ignition which means there is no dizzy cap and rotor arm, the leads go into a coil pack and (i think) the ecu controls the sparking.

altho looking at your engine bay pic, it looks like it does have a dizzy so you could try cleaning the contacts on the rotor and dizzy, or (as i did) just buy some new ones.

Excuse my mechanical ignorance, but how do you go about cleaning/getting to said parts?

Is it simple (bearing in mind I'm fairly simple ;))

When you say buy new ones, do you mean distributor cap & rotor arm (have part numbers for these already just in case ;) )