i was changing the interior lights and got stuck with the clock. there is no LED with the clock.

i took the clock apart and found that there is a plastic film which is yellow in colour that the numbers show through. even without the film in front the clocks still light up in green.

will i be able to change it to blue???

i also took out the switches on the right on the steering wheel. these have very small LED inserts. i have headlights adjusting switch and foglight. both has these small LED's. has anyone changed these???

thanks for your help in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

scutch changed his clock to blue many years ago by painting blue glass paint or something similar over the top of the plastic infront of the numbers.

many years ago i also took the bulbs to the right of the steering wheel out for a look and yes they are tiny, either 506 or smaller, i painted one of them blue but it didnt really make much difference tbh, dont think it was strong enough to show through.

Phil.

thanks Phil

was thinking to paint small LED's as well but wanted to get proper blue LED's. I think I'm going have to do some experimenting with some LED's off ebay.

will look into what scutch done with his clocks. hopefully i can find it.

Ive looked at changing the clock display but its not going to be easy as the lcd is backlite with green leds but its a sealed unit i thought about putting some coloured film like a roses sweet wraper over it but it still looked green so just left it as it was