Corolla Intake Manifold

So as not to post jack anymore of steed's post, I am creating a new post.

Regarding using the manifold from a bug eyed corolla, can that run on a stock car or would I require aftermarket electronics to make it happy? I have a 94 paseo 5efe and I'm not looking to turbo. I just want to get every drop i can get out of his car.

• 1 month later...

Throttle is slightly more responsive and it does pick up quicker off the mark due to more air flow.

As aforementioned more airflow, it means more fuel, I find I cannot get the estimated MPG from the Paseo and my theory is due to the more air = more fuel mix.. Must be that. Though, I did get 404 miles from a full tank whereas standard they get around 430-450 miles to a tank.

you can actually get more miles on that mani if driven sensibly, i think it's to do with harmonics or something clever like that where, because of the longer matched runners, the air actually scavenges itself. so at about 3000 rpm you don't have drive too hard to get good torque delivery.

oh and noticeable gains, the most prominent one is the is loads (i mean lots and lots) more torque low down the rev range.

Throttle is slightly more responsive and it does pick up quicker off the mark due to more air flow.

As aforementioned more airflow, it means more fuel, I find I cannot get the estimated MPG from the Paseo and my theory is due to the more air = more fuel mix.. Must be that. Though, I did get 404 miles from a full tank whereas standard they get around 430-450 miles to a tank.

You aren't really taking in any more air than the standard manifold, what you're doing is altering the flow characteristics, (or "harmonics" as already mentioned).

The same as with a 4-1 exhaust manifold for example, you aren't getting rid of any extra exhaust gas, you're just freeing the restriction that comes with the standard manifold, which gives you power gains in certain areas of the rev range (usually up top for a good 4-1).

All cars act differently. It also depends on individual driving style and how the cars been treated in the past. If its had a hard life things will go wrong, if its well looked after and kept up to date on belts, filters, levels etc it will perform alot better.