Ive read in a couple of places that "The legal position is that the front side windows on all cars must allow 70% of light to pass through them. That figure also applies to the windscreens of cars first used before April 1985; any car first used from then onwards has to let 75% of light through the windscreen."

Ive heard some people say that I cant even tint the front side windows

and it doesn't mention anything about the rear windows

Anybody know whats what?

Anup

what you have said is correct, they are the legal requirements, however when i had my windows tinted on my 206 by tintwise i wanted limo tint all round and they refused to do limo on the front windows as they said its dangerous but as i was a paying customer we agreed on doing the front windows one tint down from limo but as they were still illegal they make you sign a disclaimer form so if the police pull you over they cant get in trouble. so you can have them dark but its at your own risk of them having to be ripped off :)

Sounds correct from what I've heard. But I'm sure most new production cars that come off the line have tints on the front side windows far darker than that!

Have a look around, cars like the brand new audi tints are pretty dark! :)

None of this is factual information, from the past I am aware as I've had every single car I've owned tinted.

Anything past piller B can be tinted, fronts are almost the limit, so the second you tint them they become illegal when tested by pigs with a sunlight tester gizmo.

None of this is factual information, from the past I am aware as I've had every single car I've owned tinted.

Anything past piller B can be tinted, fronts are almost the limit, so the second you tint them they become illegal when tested by pigs with a sunlight tester gizmo.

X2 mine failed when they tested it with no tints. i had to wipe it clean for it to pass

soooo so right if you actually see the tint your allowed on the front windows it's so light there's no point havin It, be careful guys and girls it's a three point offence now, illegal mod on your car

I wouldn't touch them tbh, I got done for them on my old Yellow Glanza rep, and if it was 2% more they would have taken my car off me on the spot. He said they're giving 3 points for illegal front tints but he let me off. Very lucky IMO, never had front tints after that.

Yh i only want to do legal tints or nothing on the front side windows, i personally dont like the look of nothing in the front and then limo or dark at the back, so would only do a 50% tint on the back

I dont think ill tint the front windows if its a 3 point offense, because i already have 3 points and if i get another 3 my license is gone lol, no point getting done for something that could've been avoided

Thanks everyone :)

Anup

Real men have limo tint all round.

So to be a real man you need to murder out you're ride son

Matt black everything

2chbcwy.jpg

SDC10626.jpg

Wordd...

thats a skyline coupe or infiniti g35 not a 350 :)

looks fucking stealthy though :)

• 1 month later...

i have had my front tinted using 70% light, and i think 30% all around the back, it does make a slight difference and the material is slightly thicker than normal tint film. you can only tell with the tint when you are in the car as the sun shines less through the window and blocks some of the uv rays, i can find out where i bought them from if your interested, got some bit of pieces spare if you need a sample tiny sample. Also just adds a little strength in case anyone try to brake my front windows. I think its a good purchase and even the place i went to get them tinted were very interested to know where i got it from. but most of people just put light smoke tint at the front, its just asking for trouble.