Forged 5e Vf22 Vs New Focus Rs

stages were in gran turismo always went to stage 4 as soon as i could lol but usually a stage one would be the basic mods like exhaust filter an up the boost a couple psi...stage 2 will be getting it tuned or ecu...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The use of stages really annoys me, sounds so chavvy.

I've had a few ep's over the years.. Here are some facts.

A standard glanza as someone said with not beat an rs. Mine was about 150 and it was shit, I lost to an 09 cooper s

my old gt managed to get it to a 14.9 with 160bhp.. to do a high 13 you will need about 230ish

focus rs has 300bhp and a quafie diff. Don't try and be a hero, itl be next to impossible to beat if your not running atleast 185-190+ bhp.

Right so you've totally changed your story now. You ment GT but you said Glanza pfft right then show me a GT so thats doing low 13's on a 'stage one setup' in the u.k ??? Yes ct9 does run out off puff where the Focus will be still pulling like a train your being very optimistic thinking it will be still ahead at 130mph who gives a fuck about top end is that the the whole argument is about??? Its a stock car straight out of the box car you put the same mods on it as a 'stage one' Starlet and see what would happen between the two

190bhp Glanza 209hp/per ton Focus RS 205hp/per ton would'nt say there much in that and your running a hybrid too so it has more top end than a ct9 which is what I'm talking about so it does'nt prove what hes saying really does it?

I cant believe I'm arguing over a Ford Focus lol the thread is a about a 5e vf 22 which will murder a focus RS

ticket.jpg

a friends 179hp (flywheel) vs my car (150ish)

well i know of 3 td04 starbos one hits low 13s all day long on the strip the other 2 hit high 13s and they all cross the line at about 110 mph, they are all running 240+ bhp

i just cant see a 179 hp starlet running mid 13s and crossing the line at 111mph

for reference a 1bar tdo4 kouki ep82 with whiteline bits stipped out in australia did a 12.9 with 202 bhp, so i can believe it, just need to find info on it.

@ ryan mind crail is uber shit for times. where as places like the pod will be naturaly faster.

youl have him! i just had the legs on 1 in my glanza when i was running a ct9 hybrid set up, they are way over rated

You will beat him on Acceleration, I've got a standard GT and over 1 mile one of those focus rs's was only 4-5 car lengths in-front so you will blow it away,

Not sure about top end though

top end it'll have u but from 0-130mph any starlet 180bhp+ wud piss it

You will leave him no problem, i left my mate in his and ive not even got stage one mods on my Glanza..

all i have to say is,judging by your posts,and i mean no offence over what im about to say,but none of you have been in an RS,or havnt been able to drive it.

THEY GO LIKE FUCK

they are a 305bhp FWD animal.

it would fucking destroy an 180bhp starlet.

i work with ford and have seen my fair share.

and they handle unreal for FWD,and ive drivin my fair share of evos etc.

id like to point out,im no stanger to fast starlets,and i also hate fords.

but someone has to state the truth in this thread.

As much as I love Starlets, and HATE these new Fords, there is some "tunnel vision" going on here.

It's clear that a Starlet with some money spent on it could go quicker than a Focus in a straight line for a fraction of the price.

And even though it's a Ford, and it weighs almost one and half tonnes, and is a pile of shit, you can't say it's a slow car.

all i have to say is,judging by your posts,and i mean no offence over what im about to say,but none of you have been in an RS,or havnt been able to drive it.

THEY GO LIKE FUCK

they are a 305bhp FWD animal.

it would fucking destroy an 180bhp starlet.

i work with ford and have seen my fair share.

and they handle unreal for FWD,and ive drivin my fair share of evos etc.

id like to point out,im no stanger to fast starlets,and i also hate fords.

but someone has to state the truth in this thread.

Rode shotgun and driven one mate, no doubt they go like fuck, but off the line they are just too heavy, thats how i was able to beat my mate in his..rolling they are a completely different kettle of fish, its just unreal what they go like when they get going.

And lets be fair why would anyone need to lie about anything like this? I raced a Focus ST and got absolutely ass raped, the same night i beat the RS...go figure.

Theres all sorts of 0-60 figures for the focus rally sport ranging from 5.7 to 6.4 seconds and tbh i cant be assed to search for the official figure lol.

and if my memory serves me correctly my 0-60 currently stands at around the 6 - 6.5 mark (not measured that accurately though)

so it may be a pretty close race bearing in mind 2nd, 3rd & 4th gears are gonna be where it all takes place. me thinks anyway

i dont know what power im running because im yet to get on a rr but my mods are;

Ported mani

decat

ct9 @ 1 bar

JAM ecu

rx7 intercooler

HKS silent power Zaust

some pink fluffy dice and decent tyres :)

I used to want one so bad until i attempted to race one yes i lost but considering my car is Standard as i keep saying he didn't exactly walk all over me, To be fair if you think there Animal's you really haven't been in Fast Car's before...

Yes there quick for what they are but that's not saying much when you consider it is just a Ford Focus

I used to want one so bad until i attempted to race one yes i lost but considering my car is Standard as i keep saying he didn't exactly walk all over me, To be fair if you think there Animal's you really haven't been in Fast Car's before...

Yes there quick for what they are but that's not saying much when you consider it is just a Ford Focus

there animal for what they are,as in a package,such a laugh around b roads!

ive said my point on the case. :thumbsup:

some folk are deluded.

the focus has the power and is new.. and WONT break like the starlet will.. guaranteed.

the focus dominates in so many ways possible. a 1.5turbo isnt going to beat a 2.5turbo.

if this was the case ferari, lambo & bentley are going the totaly wrong direction! oh wait but their still making the money..

still making the fastest cars in the world.

some geniuses on here should be minted.. not

weight... blahblah.. with soo much power on a starlet you wont be able to hold it down..

its a 1.3 at the end of the day. who cares if its a different engine. it doesnt realy make it a starlet does it?

i could put a supra engine in the starlet.. thats not a real starlet its a cheapend imitation of a supra with a starlet shell..

a normal starlet comes in no comparison with a modern day super car.

ross im getting fed up of some of your wee annoying comments on here, when your glanza was running all we ever heard out of you was aiko this and aiko that, 200bhp this and 200 bhp that and how quick yours was and how quick it was going to be and now yours is broke you never have a good word to say about them.

and dont ever call me names on here again, thats a couple times now. You wouldnt say it to my face so dont bother doing it on here

lol mate dont take it personal.. but i would call it to your face ask my friends..

i love starlets i love my car.. its in an unfortunate state.. that doesnt make a difference on my choices..

it was a nippy car so what, i dont recall me bumming and hawing about my car.

also i dont care if you feel hurt about my comments on here pal, the focus in reality wins.

dont like it deal with it either way a dont realy care.

pointless thread if you ask me... its gone well off course.

you CANT compare a 30k car to a 3k car thats just madness right there. any small turbo car if you put alot of money into it can kill a bigger stock car.

how many youtube vids have you seen of some scooby/evo slaying small hatch? loooads! what about some shitty civic bashing some porche round a track? looads. The RS is the better car allround so no point slaging an amazing car.

Original post was about a forged Vf22 Gt... not exactly stock now is it? yes that will probably have the legs on one but again it isnt stock.

I dont see the point in you all arguing about a comparison thats just rediculus!

lol mate dont take it personal.. but i would call it to your face ask my friends..

i love starlets i love my car.. its in an unfortunate state.. that doesnt make a difference on my choices..

it was a nippy car so what, i dont recall me bumming and hawing about my car.

also i dont care if you feel hurt about my comments on here pal, the focus in reality wins.

dont like it deal with it either way a dont realy care.

i dont know your friends, but i know if you did give me cheek to my face youd end up with a sore face. I thought you wer a reasonable guy but latley you have been acting like a dick, ive noticed it in a few threads over the last 2 weeks or so, there is no need for it.

dont speak to me like im an idiot, you dont even know me

i totally agree with glanza CL, the rs is a better all round car, but i cant afford 1 so ill stick to my starlets and do what i can with them