be quick enough for most things on the street but also keep alot of driveability. stuck weither to go

1)td04 which should be on song by 4k right?

2)ricky 300 kit which is on song by 5k?

no forged engine till next year so which one would you have?

or

3)td04 kit for now n swap to td05 if i did need more power for private road raing.

cheers

td04 will be more than enough for most on the road if you get one now get everything set up and set the boost to 1 bar it will still be very good but also safe on standard internals. then next year if you go forged then either wind the boost up a bit more or maybe swap the bits and run a td05. either way a lot of things would struggle to keep up :lol:

The TD04 is a pretty shit turbo in comparison to others. It's just cheap and readily available.

You're better off with something like a TD12 from Enzo, or a Blitz K24 (or K26 if you're chasing higher numbers).

:lol:

Are you for real?

Show me a TD12 turbo pushing 1.4bar for over a year?

Show me a K24 that out performs a TD04.

K26 for numbers only, but to say its a better turbo, i disagree.

The TD04 is a pretty shit turbo in comparison to others. It's just cheap and readily available.

You're better off with something like a TD12 from Enzo, or a Blitz K24 (or K26 if you're chasing higher numbers).

As for the TD04 being shit, clearly you dont know much about things.

Hmm I guess I was very blunt there, of course there are different models of the TD04.

But the way I see it TD04's are "old". There are much better turbo's available now, for street use I'd go for one of those TD12's over a normal TD04 any day of the week!

It doesn't matter that they are old, okay there's newer stuff out there with roller/ball bearing cartridges, but a td12 is still journal. Think a td12 runs a td04 cartridge n all!

It doesn't matter that they are old, okay there's newer stuff out there with roller/ball bearing cartridges, but a td12 is still journal. Think a td12 runs a td04 cartridge n all!

and for the price you can pick up a good tdo4 mani and down pipe is about the same as the cost of a new td12

The statement about the TD04 being a shit turbo is totally absurd and premature.

They are decent and a good choice! Just look at how many people on TGTT are running them even with great figures being an 'old' turbo. The CT9 is old but that still pulls an impressive number, all you've got to do is look at builds on here and TGTT.

all il say is theres plenty of td04's about so they must be good

I can see ste's point though even if it may have been blunt and straight to the point

each to their own i suppose :)

good cause for debate though

discuss on :p

i had a forged td04 running 1.3bar and made a very strong 256.6bhp with 297nm of torque :) the power curve was mazing and i will to be doing the same setup just not forged this time to my new car :p will only run 1.1 - 1.2 bar on std :p

do it mate :p You wont look back you will love it

i had a forged td04 running 1.3bar and made a very strong 256.6bhp with 297nm of torque :) the power curve was mazing and i will to be doing the same setup just not forged this time to my new car :p will only run 1.1 - 1.2 bar on std :p

do it mate :p You wont look back you will love it

Just out of question, is that with management or FCC/FCD and RRFPR

with emanage ultimate 550cc injectors i know there was no need for that size but ahh well lol

WEPR kit

Magnecore leads

Walbro fuel pump

wide band and gauge

blitz nur spec exhaust

iridium plugs

emanage ultimate

half size rad

slim fan

cossie 3bar actuator