playstation 3!!!

Well, USA at the moment is going absolutely mental for the close release of the Playstation 3, which is being released over there in five days, hitting stores on November 17th, 2006.

Here's what IGN had to say when they managed to get hold of one, interestingly showing you what you're buying for your $600+ price tag:

click whats in the box?!

US, November 10, 2006 - And here it is. The IGN office in South San Francisco finally scored PS3 retail units. Everyone approached the box with caution, like the three wise men walking up to baby Jesus sleeping in the manger. For good reason, too - the PS3 has enough processing power and magical circuitry to let one travel through time. Not only that, the cell processor sitting at the heart of the machine can predict the future while playing movies in full 1080p. Now that's serious power right there.

So naturally, we ripped open the box to see what Sony packed inside it.

One Sixaxis controller (with a 20 meter wireless range and 30 hours of battery life on one charge.

According to Sony it's "ready to go out of the box.")

AC cord (no external power source or brick)

USB mini-cable

Ethernet cable

Multi-AV cable with composite connectors

The box for the 60 GB edition has a simple black and white design. It's fairly large, however, and includes a handle. The back includes a list of launch window games, such as Genji: Days of the Blade, Warhawk and Resistence: Fall of Man.

As a treat, the first 500,000 PlayStation 3 units shipped will include the Blu-ray edition of Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.

anohter little taster

Every game is running in 1080p (full progressive), it's f*cking insane!

Heres another writeup with details of the new console that's going to be selling like hotcakes over christmas and until the new year. Playstation kids, the wait is almost over, you're about to be astonished in my opinion.

anyone know how much she'll be in the uk?

i got a feeling it'll be somewhere near £400 :ph34r:

ye thats what i was thinking rubix. to be honest, the features and absolute ingenuity of the Wii is why im gonna get one, the price is just an after thought, the way you can interact with the games using the awesome controllers is just genius, it makes playing with a pad (which is another thing that annoys me about the ps3, apart from movement sensitive and wireless its the SAME CHUFFING CONTROLLER! they could've come up with a new bloody design) seem old fashioned.

also, that advert sums it up perfectly. :ph34r: cant wait for wii, gonna be uber!

if your into graphics and have the cash buy a top end p.c there ten steps ahead of consoles not only that the resoltuin on most moniters is higher than a telly.... also there implying physics chips in p.c's soon.

only difference is that there not pick and play, not so goo dwith ya mates round with the currys and beers.

you wont really notice no difference between the xbox and ps3.. id deffo go for the xbox i think.

Dont worry lol, you can say what you like, its your forum!

Anyway back on topic.

Im am a video games freak.

I can say this mainly because I have a vast number of consoles and handhelds, old and new and also because I buy games from the ntsc market as well as pal where the selection of software is unprecedented and have many of my fave jap titles you would never see over here. Import is where its at.

I would list them all but I'l leave it for the members hobby section.

The only reason I would stick to sony is for the software, and yes that means all the tried and tested formulas such as Squaresoft and Namco titles. At the end of the day it is all about the games and gameplay and of course personal preferences.

But I do agree ps3 is harshly overpriced, even if it is the next messiah of video games.

I have played Xbox 360 myself, played Perfect Dark, Dead or Alive and some soccer game.

It was impressive, but I wouldnt get one. Maybe NFS Carbon has increased its popularity however as it looks amazing in screenshots on the Xbox.

Very interesting topic this...

May it continue.

Peace Out

J :ph34r: Z

Well im addicted to Playstation ever since the first one came out so it wouldt feel right for me to get an XB 360, the controller for the XB i dont really get on with and Nintendo i have never really like apart from mario and mario karts......i fucking hate hate Zelda and that though!!!!

You can preorder PS3 with 3 games for £550 with aint that bad considering theres £150 of games there!!!!

Or you can buy one off ebay shipped to UK NOW for £1500 :(B):ph34r:

PS3 is the way to go if you ask me ( is the disc tray like one on a headunit in a car.... just snatches the disc off you and spits it back out?) if so thats cool :D

I CANT WAIT!!!! B)

Im ordering 3 PS3's. Not to have Because im not really interested in them anymore. But imagine how much they are gonna go for on ebay the day they come out. And they will sell out in shops pretty dam fast as well.

Bourkey

Its awesome to hear this from a man in the trade :ph34r:

You were right Wullie, those are the only 360 games I got to try out shortly after it was released as my cousin has one so wasnt really showcasing its best software to date.

Im sure the games you mentioned are sweet, also didnt know microsoft bought out sega, but maybe thats how they got Shenmue II and Panzer Dragoon Orta etc on the orig xbox.

Im just not into the 360 mate, simple as that. But doesnt mean that I don't respect if for its capabilities. Im also not a network gamer.

Under my tv currently I have 1 UK N64, 1 US N64and a Modded UK Sega Saturn, that speaks volumes that its all about the gameplay for me regardless of technology.

As for ps3, Im gonna wait til the price drop...

Will also check out your works website too!

Peace Out

j :( z

Join our forum Joz, you'll love our Hamilton Manager "Retro Boy G" he is EVERYTHING Retro B)

Will do mate when I got time!

Keep us updated on any notable development in the gaming world Wullie if poss.

Well apart from company secrets lol!

Peace Out

j :ph34r: z

is it okay if I put up an animated avatar on my profile?

I can't see why not mate, as long as its not huge.

Show us wat you got.

Peace Out

J :( Z

since a played an xbox and now just bought an xbox 360 a wouldnt change it at all.

dont no if this is correct but a was told Sony are selling the PS3 at £1000 when first released due to high demand.

i'll just stick with my ps2 untill the ps3 or 360 are cheaper!

im a fan of the snes, n64 and gamecube, but i probably wouldnt buy a wii as i still prefer the fact that you get millions of game titles with sony.