Whiteline & Coilovers

If you put coilovers on the car then an adjustable panhard rod IS needed.

no its not, you wont notice any handling improvements from fitting one, its just used to center the rear beam after lowering.

to answer the op

if you like ragging up twisty roads and take a lot of enjoyment out of going round corners then aye

an anti lift kit

and rear anti roll bar

will make a noticable improvement ontop of coils,

i will have stocks of both at the end of this month

no its not, you wont notice any handling improvements from fitting one, its just used to center the rear beam after lowering.

to answer the op

if you like ragging up twisty roads and take a lot of enjoyment out of going round corners then aye

an anti lift kit

and rear anti roll bar

will make a noticable improvement ontop of coils,

i will have stocks of both at the end of this month

will most likely take a set :)

drop me a pm when you have them in,could meet you one night

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Your trying to tell me after fitting coilovers, you dont need a panhard rod?

You even know it will shove the allignment out, so if you want a car to handle the allignment is important and the beam has to be parrallel.

Your not that stupid to tell me its not needed.

its not though dude, your axle will shift to the right but its not a nesssesity, like you dont need to buy it if you have coils,

it wont cause any noticable ill handling traits,

tell me what consiquence you face by not fitting one with coils?

Yes it shifts right, and it will inturn shift the allignment out, which inturn will make the car crab.

If you cant understand simple priciples of allignment and handling im shocked. as i thought you had half a clue.

When you refer to coils, do you mean coilovers or springs?

Either way, a panhard rod is needed when lowering an EP to get the best from it.

its not though dude, your axle will shift to the right but its not a nesssesity, like you dont need to buy it if you have coils,

it wont cause any noticable ill handling traits,

tell me what consiquence you face by not fitting one with coils?

Rory your having a laugh right,(are you really shocked?)

il call you AnalRory from now on then, yea ?

on the debate . . . . . . .

im putting an answer to the op about what he needs

and your putting your view across also

If you put coilovers on the car then an adjustable panhard rod IS needed.

im saying its not needed,

as a handeling modification your not going to notice any real difference from fitting one to a car slammed on 'coils'

please dont misinterprit what im saying, - if your being anal about it, the axle will shift 5mil or so to the right(driverside) if you lower say 80mil but you wont feel the differnce through the seat of your pants in any driving condition

also the wheel will still track striaght and true, making me assume that the 5mil or so is an insignificant amount.

i could start an opinion pole thread to back up what im saying if you wish?

but il reiterate again, a panhard rod is not an essential modification, if you like noticing gains in the mods you fit, the money would really be better spent elsewhere.

Well, ideally you want to get an adjustable panhard bar if you do any change in ride height. As the ride height changes, the axle swings in an arc. The center doesn't only move if you drop x number of inches. If you want a suspension that performs well, I'd recommend getting one anyway because it eliminates a large amount of flex that the stock bar allows.

MOT failure??

i can assure u never once have i seen alignment being tested here in NI! i ran without an adjustable panhard rod and 40mm lowering springs for years and never once did MOT bat an eyelid. thats total crap. maybe NCT test alignment, but thats news to me. and why would it fail?? the alignment being out a few mm is hardly a safety issue, we're talking mm here not feet!

yes, the car will crab, but again, we're talkin in mm here!!!! i suggest u re-open your case if u have rested it.

from a perfectionists point of view, yes u will want your alignment bang on. but "not feeling safe" over a case of a few mm?? wot exactly do u expect those few mm to do to the car mid corner??? if u reply to this post i only request that u answer me that one question - what EXACTLY do you expect those few mm to do?? if she's gonna do anything it'll be down to being pushed further than the cars ability, but those few mm wont be determining that! drive within the limits of urself and the vehicle and why would u feel unsafe?? its not like the car will be higher at the rear resulting in lesser rear end grip and the potential for her to break away.

the car will drive perfectly fine without an adjustable panhard rod. mine did for years. yes, she will be crabbing by a few mm obviously. but that doesnt mean that an aftermarket PH rod is 100% needed - its not.

again, from a perfectionists point of view and to have everything just right, yes u will want one, I have one. but "needed"...u make it sound like its feckin tires!

Phil.

@clarky lol you speak about me asif im not here.

the "expected bettter from him coment"

better in what sense?

im just going on my own personal experience on weather its a worthy mod, ive bought panhard rods in the past, and have one fitted to my track glanza.

but as worth while modifications go i dont rate them, personal opinion/preferance

you cant slate me for that?

I wouldnt feel safe driving a car into a corner with the rear axle out of line!

Think everyone else would say the same.

Lol! At the above comment. Why would you not feel safe? Will the wheel fall off? I think the would be old bushes would be more unsafe than a slight misalignment from the wheel.

I had my car lowered and had no problems whatsoever going around corners, even on track.

I did get a rod because of people saying you NEED one many years ago and well what do you know. There is still no difference.

i cant help but notice u have chosen to ignore my question as to why exactly a slightly misaligned rear axle would make you feel unsafe in a corner.

is my question going to remain unanswered or should i check back in 5 for your reason. you put it forward in your post, u must therefore have some form of explanation for it.

im not being a ballbag, but we will have folk new to modding and the scene reading handling threads like this, and i'd prefer to see such claims backed up with some form of reasoned and considered explanation rather than just thrown out there with no sound justification.

Phil.

@clarky, theres no anomosity (sp) here dude, :)

just wandering what you meant by the knowladge coment,

on the i phone the now but when im back il start a pole in the suspension section to get an overal view/feel on this, seams its not clear cut.

edit - phil has a valid point