What Detailing Products Do People Use?

How much is that Cherry Glaze polish?

I got 1L SRP for £9.99 so can't complain lol gets a nice finish too bar the residue

I wanna learn how to machine polish in the summer, are there only certain compounds you can use or can I use my SRP with a proper polisher?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ragz - Harly is currently £15 a tub on special but normally sell it at £17. For getting the white off we used some berry blast tyre gel on half a scuttle panel on a guy's corolla at the manchester meet, the other half he used his AG vinyl and trim stuff. He then wanted to throw his AG across the car park as it didn't work but the AB berry stuff did, easy sell!

Amjad - The cherry glaze is 9.95 for 500ml, but you barely use any, plus can use on all plastics.

I use a rotary polisher rather than a DA but DAs are better for beginners due to less chance of damage (but take twice as long).

You can use SRP on a polisher but again all it will do is fill the marks not actually correct them, depending on the condition of your paint, you would be be better with a very light abrasive. Then a decent fine polish and a wax.

The pads you would use would depend on what you are trying to do, but usually a light cut pad, a polishing pad and a finishing pad

Will have some in stock very soon dude, more like the wax will last couple years

Sadly it is rubbish for us in the way of repeat sales, but give it a couple of coats 24hrs apart and should last prob about 3-4 months before needing to reapply

@hou

AG vinyl care is pure bollox at taking the residue off but on interior plastics i quite like it

do you have a shop or website also were are you located?

id like to take some very cherry, berry blast and possibly a tub of harly

Use the link in my sig dude and the discount code B)

The site is still in it's early stages, need better product pictures etc but is fully working B)

Just uploaded some pictures of us using the Very Cherry Acid Wheel Cleaner:

One filthy wheel:

30102010002.jpg

We sprayed on the wheel cleaner that had been diluted 10-1:

30102010003.jpg

We then rinsed off, after leaving to dwell on the wheel for about 3 minutes, not needing to agitate it with a brush or anything:

30102010008.jpg

Not tried on fresh paint as sadly don't know anyone with freshly painted but would assume if the painter has done their job properly all should be ok.

As for removing compound dude have you tried clay?

okay dude

if you need someone to test on fresh paint work send some small testers my way and i will try them out for you as i am a painter

and i havnt tried clay yet so will give that ago over the weekend as its on my sister renault clio

id like to take some very cherry, berry blast and possibly a tub of harly

When you think of putting an order on dude let me know and I'll see what sort of deal i could do B)

I use a good few different products all depends what car im working on... and what paint condition?? a few good ones ive found, are.....

cherry glaze

Werkstat

menzerna

poorboys

dodo juice

swissvax

chemical guys

collinite

meguiars

autosmart

bilt hamber

how safe is your products to use on fresh paint work?

have you tested this yet or not had the opurtinity?

Paint work has to harden off before any products can be use on it.... when i remember the exact time period il put it in this thread, but your paint needs to cure before you put ANY products on it/near it.

Hopefully going to be doing a foam lance GB soon

As for the whole fresh paint thing, as far as I understand you need to leave it a month before applying wax

Good list of products drew, a few we are going to be stocking in the near future. Have you tried harly wax?