There is a diy guide on ep91.com Click here. You may have to register to see it. I am planning to try this but i will try find an extra shifter to practice on.

hey guys!

is there any other short shifter on the market apart from the TRD one?

is so anyone know where i can get one or a TRD one? i need to shorten up my gear changes :)

Diy is the way to go with short shifters.

When I disassembled mine to mod it I measured between the centres of the pivots/balls on both the centre sitck and side leaver and noticed they were exactly the same length. I did some research and found other toyota cars where the modders had lengthened both parts to the same length to not only give a shorter throw but to make the gears a little closer together.

To move the ball 10mm on the shaft use the EP91 guide but to make the side lever 10mm longer I recommend cutting out a 5mm piece and welding a 15mm piece in its place. The plastic housing needs a section cutting out and you need 4 10mm spacers under it when installed back in to the car.

This is installed in my car and I can select all gears with no problems but I have not driven it yet.

SDC10972.jpg

SDC10971.jpg

As I said above diy is the way to go because it costs nothing if you can machine your own spacers and about £10-£15 if not.

Gavin