Experience Needed

No mate i wouldnt think so. Just check the engines ok and all should be ok. Our SR had 102k when we bought it and it was mint, apart from a slipping clutch, But thats not a turbo so maybe thats a thing to look out for?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there is one thing i learned when buyin me glanza, its that the service history is more important than the miles on it! she has got about 76000 miles on her now and could run for what feels like another 100000 before any problems lol. thats toyota for ya! i will probs get a rebuild around 100000k anyway :lol:

Turbo's are generally dead or on way out around 75k miles or 120k km,service history is the only way to tell if it's been looked after properly,have a look on the turbo technics website,very good info on buying turbo cars! If it's had the restriction removed on 1-2nd gear check it over carefully as it may have been modified in other ways too,possibly run with higher boost.Possible engine damage. Was it cold when you were there? once warm it should idle around 8-900 revs.

Turbo's are generally dead or on way out around 75k miles or 120k km,service history is the only way to tell if it's been looked after properly,have a look on the turbo technics website,very good info on buying turbo cars! If it's had the restriction removed on 1-2nd gear check it over carefully as it may have been modified in other ways too,possibly run with higher boost.Possible engine damage. Was it cold when you were there? once warm it should idle around 8-900 revs.

Initially i thought the same and that it would be fine after it warmed up but i test drove it for 15 mins and it was still revving high when i got back. Really gutted, when i first decided to look at these cars there was loads around for sale and now i have sold my car and have the cash to get one there aint many to be seen. The wonders of christmas

Was the A/C on by any chance?

welcome to the site by the way :lol:

Naa i checked that as well. It was the white one on ebay with the big spoiler on the back of it. Thats the one i test drove. The guy wants 5 thousand+ for it. Just a little out of my price range

yeah i plan to, seems so much yet i dont know about the car so for once im gonna wait. Got importers from everywhere contacting me so with abit of luck i should strike gold. Picked abit of a bad time to look for them now i think but hey. Arh just another thing, when requiring parts ie clutches, brakes, oil filters turbos etc do local garages normally scratch there heads and say sorry they cant help?

Just out of interest what is the low button on the control panel above the heater controls? The high/Low boost button is on the otherside so i couldnt work out what this one was. Go on someone put me to shame and make me sit in the idiots corner lol

Hi mate welcome to the site, i would def agree with toymota about Keighley Trade Centre i went there to look at a few gt's and the man who lived out the back of them warned me not to buy any cars that were parked outside in the forcourt as they were all accident damaged! i got mine from wrc car sales in bradford and seemed like good people and had a good selection af gt's and glanza v's'

Just out of interest what is the low button on the control panel above the heater controls? The high/Low boost button is on the otherside so i couldnt work out what this one was. Go on someone put me to shame and make me sit in the idiots corner lol

is that not the heated rear window button? ;)

it is on mine lol ;)

Well im going up there sometime this week so i'll extra specially aware of parts that indicate its been in an accident. I was told the test the car goes through before its exported from japan was very strict and the car was then graded

just look at some of their cars in the pictures mate. most that i looked into looked like absolute dogs.

hence why they've had that black one with a full rollcage sitting there for nearly 6 months!

i heard most of them were mostly thrashed to death.

if you are thinking about a glanza i'd recommend contacting www.japanmotors.biz

thats where me and sicaln got our 98 glanzas from, he's a pretty nice bloke, and the cars he has seem generally well looked after.

wen i lost my last car i was without a car for 2 months.i was getting so desperate for the right starlet i was starting to consider the type wouldnt go for,high milage,no history and dented.i know how you feel you just want the car now but pateince will get you a minter.

Just spoke to the guy you recommended, seems pretty sound. Apart from the obvious what is the diffrence between the lazybox glanza and a manual one? Can you still fit dump valves and the usual bits onto them? Is there much diffrence between 0-60?