• 2 weeks later...

mine are blue.

ngk maybe?

realistically, i dont care what they are. they create a spark, if it makes a different, then my name is edgar bowinkle (got some awesome literature explaining how different plugs/leads for the majority of the time are a complete waste of money, well, for all these supposed uprated ones anyway).

apart from being pretty colours anyway....

exactly.

there's scientific evidence that in most instances they pretty much dont do anything, but as above they do pretty things up a little.

mine were on from when it landed in uk. i'll have em checked soon aswell as the plugs but ive no misfires etc so should be fine.

Said he was getting alot of juddering going on then they melted lol

Knowing him it was head from the engine though, poor starlet got an awful amount of abuse! Still it took everything he could throw at it!

So is there really no need for these leads then?

ye sounds like it was a heat thing, and if it was a GT then the leads would've been corroded etc anyway and needed replacing.

i'm not saying they dont serve a purpose, because they obviously do, but all this hype about super-duper leads/plugs etc is nonsense, they will make little difference to using good quality items which obviously cost alot less, than paying megabucks for fancy colourful ones which generally do the same job.

there's basically much more worthwhile things to spend your money on. providing they're in good condition etc then they should be fine.