NI Pistonheads Summer Run

Alrighty then folks, on sunday past there I was fortunate enough to join the local PH folks on their summer run up the NI coast.

The route took us from Carrick up the A2 coastal road all the way to Ballycastle, on to Portrush, and then on to Magilligan where there was a BBQ set up. My cousin recommended I sign up to the PH forum and I keep an eye on the NI section for upcoming TVR stuff mainly. Unfortunately his Cerbera split a fuel line at the start of the day, but his brother in law had his VERY nice RB320 out for the day, so after a blast down from Sprucefield to Carrick in a TVR Tuscan (ohh my god!! I DROOLED SO HARD IN THAT CAR), we spent the rest of the day enjoying the luxury and sheer grunt of the RB320!

anyways, enough of my spraffing, here be some of my pics from the run:

DSC_0001.jpg

Cousin's father-in-law's Porker:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

JDM Yo'

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

I got a spin in the Tuscan on the left - now i want one:

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

check out the butchness of the MPS! NICE!

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

never gets old:

DSC_0014.jpg

tryin to talk my dad off bikes and into one of these so badly:

DSC_0015.jpg

yes please:

DSC_0016.jpg

nom nom nom:

DSC_0019.jpg

Spotted this trouble maker loitering around the car park!!!!! hooligan! sheer hooligan that man!!!!

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

this thing has a carbon dash:

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Our chariot for the day:

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

M12 anyone?

DSC_0040.jpg

IDM: Italian-Domestic-Market

DSC_0041.jpg

the chick in the audi was so hott it was savage! seriously! i badly wanted an excuse to talk to her!!!! damn!

DSC_0053.jpg

USDM

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Now for something a little disconcerting. Not only will the Police in NI chase you down in cars that are faster and handle better than your car, they will then proceed to make your ICE look shit, your interior look shit, your decals look shit, your wheels look shit....basically the PSNI rock the modified scence here in NI hard! check this kickass educational tool out! i personally thought their presentation was bang on, perfect length, good questions, and a class tool because the crowd this draws is huge!!! wish my car drew half the crowd this does!!! and it can chase u down and book you! fuck yeah!!!! love it! they gave out wicked window stickers too, and a snappy pen. and not one penny of it was paid for with tax payers money! result!

Ladies and gents, meet Project Evolution.

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

next time i think i'll take my motor along for the spin, get a few giggles im sure!

Phil.

the RB was such a contrast of a car. On the one hand it can cruise in silence, and i mean silence! not the slightest noise from her. but when the pedal gets planted, the sound is like 4 or 5 K1s on full roar at once, and the power is just instant sheer grunt! awesome! first scoob i've ever been in and i was very impressed!!! i now appreciate them alot more!

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...