** Avoid Ebay Manifolds **

** AVOID EBAY MANIFOLDS **

After seeing more and more people on this forum buying them or asking about them, i thought id make this little topic so people can refer people that ask in the future! To save themselves the embarrassment and heartache!

Makes me laugh when people stand there ground saying they look great how can they fail....

Well, if youve got a:

Autobahn

Toyosports.. etc

They will fail within 2-3weeks gurantee'd! Braced Decat or Not!

Dont do it cheap, spend a bit more and buy Race-Tech, Zisco, WEPR. etc

PROOF:

DSCN1150.JPG

DSCN1153.JPG

My Personal Exprience! ^^

They float around on ebay between £60 and £180... or even bundled with a similar quality decat pipe! :/

So as i said, please use this as an eyeopner! And Save yourself the hassle of taking the whole front of your car off, again!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

with the jperformance/japspeed manifolds.... effectivly same manifold, however they went through 2 phases, the latest ones are braced and as long as there used with a braced decat they will be fine...

I believe ro55fumi and Steve-GT have had no problems with them! After several months of use!

with the jperformance/japspeed manifolds.... effectivly same manifold, however they went through 2 phases, the latest ones are braced and as long as there used with a braced decat they will be fine...

I believe ro55fumi and Steve-GT have had no problems with them! After several months of use!

imo theyve just been relatively lucky, ide eat my hat if the saw it through for a whole year. the quality of the metal is still the same, they wont last a year which imo is ridiculous

That was a Dave Burwash (TM-Developments) mani though wasnt it nothing to do with ebay

yeh i bought it from im, then found it on the toyosports site for £75 cheaper... but yes they are the same ones as on ebay :/

Dave Burwash, is a retailer, he didnt make the manifold.... fool!

i know that fool

was stating that you were banging on about ebay manifolds and how bad they were.....i was simply stating that that manifold in the picture was bought from TM Developments so the "EBAY" part of the rant wasnt 1st hand experience cause you not bought a mani off ebay :(

Japspeed mani's are on ebay and i personally reccomend them though.......i agree with autobahn deffiniatly and also toyo sport etc but not all ebay mani's are shit just depends what make/company you go for

the cheap ones are always going to be shit people know this yet still buy them lol

show me where the japspeed ones are on ebay? they havent been on there for years in my viewings...

nothing but shit on there which range between the prices i specified in the first post. and i also support the japspeed ones too if u read my post bit further down :/

theres me trying to be helpful! :(

Very helpfull Topic Socks :D

I have a JPerformance Manifold on mine that i got for £20 but im going to sell it on later. Its been on the car for about 4 months but the car hasn't moved :D The problem i have is that my exhaust/turbo etc is all supported from the manifold so if that goes then the whole lot will just rip off.

Im going for a ram horn mild steel joby when i get the fundage :(

I honestly can't believe people still buy these. They were crap years ago and still crap now. All it takes is a quick search on here or TGTT. You will get the odd one or two that last longer but they all eventually crack or just fall apart. Some risk it like i did but i was lucky. They can seriously cause some damage if they fail like the above picture.

I think a topic like this should be pinned for newer members as this has been discussed countless times over many years :(.

Bourkey

I wouldnt sell shit in my shop, if moneys tight get the standard mani skimmed....ported..cleaned up and port the w/g a prime example = amjad hes done and exactly what im going to do till the wage says i can buy a mild steel jobbie its perfectly safe and reliable

I thought this was well known and old news?

It is old news, but there still seem to be many helmets who go for these chocolate manifolds, and then whinge after the 'bargain' they bought is in bits.