Ep95 Help Please :d

Right I was thinking of getting a glanza shell whacking my forged block on there big turbo and go. But I've had a think about it and want to go 4x4 so looking in to getting a 95 over.

Basically I don't really know what can be used on these?

Can I use a 4efte gearbox on the 95?

Also would you advise a box with aftermarket diff or is this not possible?

There is only one set of coilovers that can be used on the 85/95's isn't there?

One last question ^_^ how much money do you think I will have to throw at the 95 to get it looking like a mint 98 spec V?

I've got forged engine that's about it so going to be needing turbo kit, gearbox, management, coilovers and glanza body parts.

The ep95's range from about £1800 to £2000 dont they?

Thanks and sorry if some of the questions are pointless and stupid lol

u use the gearbox that comes with the ep95, they are built to the same spec as the turbo models.

i lowered mine on shocks and springs and mine sits low enough for me

06092010453.jpg

as for the body work side of things you can pick up side skirts for 60 - 100 quid, rear bumper around 60-80 quid, u can buy a 98 specd bumper from toyota for around 90 and new headlights for 140. im not going to bother with the glanza number plate reccess or spoiler i like the reflet back end as it is. Im having trouble finding a bonnet tho.

i dived into this project not thinking about all the parts i was going to have to buy and its proving to be a lot more costly than i thought lol

Looks really nice mate ^_^

so the box is strong then? Can you use one with aftermarket diff in or is that not possible?

Don't say things like that lol you will put me off because I don't want to be spending thousands :) if I do get one imported it will be a slow process want to get everything right and won't feel effects of all the spending!

yes mate its as strong as the fte gear boxes but has shorter ratios, it will top out at 130 tho!

I've heard you can use a ae92 lsd on them but i ant find any info on it.

if i could start again i would have left it as a sleeper and done the conversion first then start on the bodywork. ive got loads of bits sitting here waiting to be painted when i finally find a bonnet, i could have used that money to buy management then get started on the build

you cant use a fwd box as the transfer box wont fit ^_^ i agree about it costing loads more than you expect. mine owes me a fair bit now. these cars cost more to run than an ep82/91 also with the 4wd system but also your sat higher up the rev range when cruising. so take that into consideration. the front suspension setup is the same so any front turbo setup is fine. the back end is different. meisters are a good choice or you can modify other coilovers with shorter springs and stuff like that. or raise the strut tops like gaz did on the blue beast. theres loads of info on these 4wds starlets on the forum now.

@ liam and harry

I'll be finishing this one don't you worry ^_^

going to get engine in and running and then buy body parts bit by bit then get it all sprayed and looking nice :)

can't wait and haven't even started lol

i wish i done my conversion first but ive ended up buying a turbo kit until of running a ct9 and fenders etc. I should have mine 4efte'ed within the next few months.

I reckon ive spent about £2.8k so far on everything car, transport, fenders, engine etc.

Also get enzo to import the car for you the bloke it top notch and i would get a car from him again ^_^

ive actually pmd enzo lol cus like the silver one hes got, and that blue ep85 that sold recently looked mint aswell.

yeh id defo go down the route of getting everything mechanically sorted first. like 4efte conversion, turbo setup, exhaust etc and coilovers get it sitting how ya want it. then only start with bodywork last when its running spot on.

for the money u spend on a decent glanza u cud get a fairly decent powered 4wd one.

and bodywork wise yea it would be nice to make it look exactly like a glanza but i gta admit if done properly cars like that ep95 for sale atm can be made to look sweet with a subtle bodykit of their own.

22704115.jpg

that one needs smaller wheels tho lol. but with a 4efte and a td04 or gt28 under the hood...mine would look exactly like a kitted SR non turbo. only the side exit exhaust and the fmic would give it away ^_^

I know what you mean rich mate about sleeper and that. But think I'm still going to make it like a glanza I think :)

Don't really like look of that blue one bit chavy.

As for doing the project I'm going to get all setup and running them go for the looks ^_^

got the engine just need turbo kit and management to get her rolling

i wish i done my conversion first but ive ended up buying a turbo kit until of running a ct9 and fenders etc. I should have mine 4efte'ed within the next few months.

I reckon ive spent about £2.8k so far on everything car, transport, fenders, engine etc.

Also get enzo to import the car for you the bloke it top notch and i would get a car from him again ^_^

yeah I'm learning from you boys :)

get the conversion done first then go for the looks!

I've got my forged engine just need turbo then get it all in there. I really can't wait and haven't even pm'd enzo yet lmao!

nah lads i just meant the sleeper look, dont particularly like that kit on that blue one.

anyone know if the transfer boxes and drivetrain on these are as strong as the ep85's? as suitable as an ep85 for a turbo conversion? spares are easier to get for them than the older ep85's maybe?