ground wire kit.

it gives your car better earthing and can improve the performance of you electrical equipment ie sterio, lights, also throttle response due to more power being available to the ignition ect.

prob only a minimal improvment but when you have heater, sterio and lights all on, it can drain power.

Ahhh, might have to look further into this. The interior light and clock don't work without the engine running, bulb and fuses are fine though. The earthing was a bitch for the inlet mani we fitted today as my bro lost the nut!

ive got one of these in my starlet.its nothin amazing to be honest.it does add a little bit of grunt to it and i have also noticed a better petrol consumption.the major difference i thought was the radio sounded better an the lights are brighter.it was worth it though.

ill get a picture of it tomorrow.

i keep haing a big problem with my leccy windows taking ages to go down... quite tempted to try one of these kits as ive added 3 more eathing straps to my battery to the chassis and its still dimming lights when i flick on the washers etc.

• 3 months later...

So what EXACTLY is a ground wire kit?

Some fancy electro bit of gubbins? Something you fit to a battery? Or is it a handful of thicker wires?

And how/where do you fit it?

Feel free to answer questions I've missed. Basically I want knowledge.

its literally a handfull of wires, and if you buy a stupidly prced hks kit for instance, you get a purple ring piece where all the wires attatch to..

waste of money for a branded kit,

go to an audio shop, get some nicely sized gauge amp power wire, and make your own..

you can get junction blocks from there too, polished if your fancy.

one line goes to battery earth into the junction block, then comming out of the other ports on the block the amp wires go to the chassis earthing points.

it just means your getting a better earth rather than the tiny little earthing wires as standard.

do as ecks said and make a custom one for peanutts. :(

the one i was looking at is only £20 any way, this would be about the same price if i brought the wires and block seperatly wouldnt it? that price sounded ok to me.

Ok, sweet!

So someone said that it may improve performance or fuel consumption. What would wires would I need to change to see an improvement?

[edit]

Also I've been browsing the interweb (again) for info on tuning my engine and found on a perodua owners forum that voltage regulators can improve performance as well. Any thoughts on this?

I found a handy-as voltage regulator that plugs into the cigar lighter too.

Click here, here and here.

[/edit]